Author Topic: Norway May Ban Gas Cars After 2015...take that A-rabs  (Read 2619 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Norway May Ban Gas Cars After 2015...take that A-rabs
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 07:13:27 PM »
I believe even for a country the with the population and size of Norway 2015 is a very short transition period to accomplish a program like this. Here in America I think something like that could be phased in over a 20 year period. This would allow the power infrastructure to be put in place that would power all the electric cars that would over the course of time be replacing the gas powered ones. People will resist a plan that forces them to scrap a car that still has a useful life however most people are done with a car in five to ten years. As the older gas powered cars become worn out and are scraped over the years the power grid and generating plants would be growing in capacity. A timetable like this would allow minimum hardship and make the transition practical. A program like this is only worthwhile if the fuel used to generate the electricity is anything but oil.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 08:30:03 PM »
SerbAvenger,

Will you humour me and tell me what you drive? A person with such convictions should obviously be driving a hybrid at this time.

I drive a regular four-cylinder car. I don't have a fleet of sports cars to maintain like yourself.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
SerbAvenger,

Will you humour me and tell me what you drive? A person with such convictions should obviously be driving a hybrid at this time.

I drive a regular four-cylinder car. I don't have a fleet of sports cars to maintain like yourself.

I only have two sports cars, and a vintage 60s era VW van. I keep the van and the 300Z in my garage because I only drive the Mustang currently.

I dont think I am being unreasonable in my taste for nice cars.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14