Author Topic: Texas wants to leave the union  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Texas wants to leave the union
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 12:19:13 AM »
Love Texas politics, hate Texas weather.. I would love to move there but I couldn't handle that heat  :'(

I agree man!!  I cant hadle hot weather for some reason.  I would melt.

Yep, if Colorado had the same policies as TX, I would be there in a split second!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
Texas isn't going anywhere...this state won't be successful in its cessetion.
It sounds like a great idea at face value however in the long run Texas could never survive on its own with a neighbor like Mexico.

With a majority Mexican population already who are loyal to Mexico, and the fact we don't have our own military, Mexico would take us over in about 3 hours.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »

Yes, its just a pipe-dream... BUT... considering how much of power the state has lost compared with how much power the central government has gained.... I am routing for them. 

Our forefathers NEVER intended things to be the way that they are.  But it has happened gradually... so we all just sorta accept that power no longer lies in the state.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
It sounds like a great idea at face value however in the long run Texas could never survive on its own with a neighbor like Mexico.

With a majority Mexican population already who are loyal to Mexico, and the fact we don't have our own military, Mexico would take us over in about 3 hours.

With a majority Mexican population already who are loyal to Mexico, one could argue that they already have.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »

With a majority Mexican population already who are loyal to Mexico, one could argue that they already have.

Yes sadly this is the case in many areas of Texas. There are still some real Texan rural communities and small towns but the big cities may as well be little Mexicos. Especially San Antonio.