Author Topic: Aliyah from France  (Read 611 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Aliyah from France
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:14:31 PM »
My friend from Israel tells me that there is a tremendous increase in the French Aliyah. Almost a perceptible daily increase. They are the Russian Jews of the 2000s, she tells me. I am trying to find the actual figures, but am having trouble. I want to find the newest figures, including the aftermath of the Gaza War and the last few months. Somebody must have these figures. Have those of you who read Hebrew and have access to the Israeli Internet come across fresh statistics? Thanks.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Aliyah from France
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:02:20 AM »
It's not the same; Russian Jews were emigrating mainly for economic reasons while French ones do have grave and serius security concerns. Anyway I'm suprised the American Jewry is not packing their backs too; they won't be welcomed in USA around 2012; America is becoming new Weimar Republic and American Jews are even more Germany USA uber alles and Berlin New York is new Jerusalem. Whoever will sucseed after "the one" fall they will be the perfect scapegoats.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:49:13 AM »
It's not the same; Russian Jews were emigrating mainly for economic reasons while French ones do have grave and serius security concerns. Anyway I'm suprised the American Jewry is not packing their backs too; they won't be welcomed in USA around 2012; America is becoming new Weimar Republic and American Jews are even more Germany USA uber alles and Berlin New York is new Jerusalem. Whoever will sucseed after "the one" fall they will be the perfect scapegoats.

This is not true. Before the perestroika, Soviet Jews emigrated because of government discrimination, anti-semitism, and the fact that Judaism and Jewish culture were outlawed. After the perestroika, Jews left the former Soviet Union partly because anti-semitism acquired threatening proportions, even worse than it was under Communism, and in smaller part because of economic reasons. So they left partly for economic reasons after 1991. But "left" doesn't mean "made aliyah." Those influenced by the economic reasons went to the US and other countries, not to Israel, because Israel's economy wasn't as good and it was in a state of war. Those who chose Israel did it for mostly patriotic reasons.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:17 AM »
http://cbs.gov.il/reader/newhodaot/hodaa_template.html?hodaa=200901040

That is the link to the 2008 Aliya Report of Israeli Central Buerau of Statistics.
The document is in Hebrew but some tables are also in English.

In particular, it says that 1562 people moved to Israel from France in 2008, while in 2007 2335 people came from there.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 03:05:25 AM »
God is calling His chosen people from around the world, forcing them to return to Israel or face death in the cursed exile.  All is as it should be.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
http://cbs.gov.il/reader/newhodaot/hodaa_template.html?hodaa=200901040

That is the link to the 2008 Aliya Report of Israeli Central Buerau of Statistics.
The document is in Hebrew but some tables are also in English.

In particular, it says that 1562 people moved to Israel from France in 2008, while in 2007 2335 people came from there.

Thank you, Spectator. Maybe this was not the very end of 2008 then. I heard that the emigration keeps increasing. I would have also expected that more people have made the aliyah after the Gaza war (because of all the antisemitism).