Author Topic: Obama's ACORN Could Be Eligible for $8.5 Billion This Year  (Read 759 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
www.capitalresearch.org/blog/2009/05/05/acorn-could-be-eligible-for-85-billion-this-year/

ACORN Could Be Eligible for $8.5 Billion This Year

As I told the Washington Examiner a few hours ago after reviewing the Obama stimulus bill and the proposed fiscal 2010 budget for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), ACORN and other left-wing advocacy groups could have a shot at pocketing up to $8.5 billion this year.
Here's how I arrived at the $8.5 billion figure.

The $800 billion-plus stimulus bill, which is now formally known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 or Public Law 111-5, originally set aside $5.2 billion that could flow directly or indirectly into the coffers of ACORN and its liberal friends. It appears the $5.2 billion was chopped down to $3 billion in the version of the bill that President Obama signed into law on February 17. The $3 billion consists of $2 billion in funds set aside for the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed homes and$1 billion in Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).

CDBG is good old-fashioned graft. Local politicians of both parties love CDBG because it is flexible. The program gives them wide latitude when spending grant money and allows local leaders to use federal dollars on local projects that they wouldn't dream of spending their own local tax dollars on. ACORN loves CDBG because it is adept at lobbying for CDBG funds.

In addition to the $3 billion available in the stimulus package, the proposed $47.5 billion HUD budget for the fiscal year that begins October 1 provides $1 billion for an affordable housing trust fund and $4.5 billion in CDBG funds that could be funneled to ACORN indirectly.

Of course ACORN won't get it all, and given its history of electoral fraud and racketeering, it shouldn't get a penny of federal money.

According to the Washington Examiner article, ACORN has taken in $53.6 million in federal funding since 1994.

Amazingly, ACORN spokesman Scott Levenson told reporter Kevin Mooney that his group has "received no significant federal funding."

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Obama's ACORN Could Be Eligible for $8.5 Billion This Year
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »
This is absurd.  This is part of that STIMULUS that we are all paying for.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 06:23:16 PM »
Is this legal? obama and the dems are using tax money to pay their activists. How can this be? I don't understand even why ACORN is allowed to continue to be in existence, they are clearly a criminal enterprise. As far as I am concerned it was proven that they participated and encouraged widespread voter fraud among other things, too many to list.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »
Is this legal? obama and the dems are using tax money to pay their activists. How can this be? I don't understand even why ACORN is allowed to continue to be in existence, they are clearly a criminal enterprise. As far as I am concerned it was proven that they participated and encouraged widespread voter fraud among other things, too many to list.
THE shvartza ADMINISTRATION = ACORN    ACORN =THE shvartza ADMINISTRATIONHitler had the SS  the shvartza President has Acorn. In the end they will preform almost the same function. Almost being the key word.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 08:03:47 PM »

I think most American's just didnt read the fine print....   9 billion dollars is extraordinary!!!!  This program doesn't even deserve 9 million.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 03:12:05 AM »
This is why also Obammie was damn near hush about where the 850 billion dollar stimulus package was going for.  And the retards in Washington encouraged this Affirmative Action Zulu the green light basically to rob us blind.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!