Author Topic: Israeli Scientist Uses 'Snake Vision' to Monitor Water Purity  (Read 352 times)

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
Israeli Scientist Uses 'Snake Vision' to Monitor Water Purity

by Zalman Nelson

(IsraelNN.com) Prof. Abraham Katzir of Tel Aviv University's School of Physics and Astronomy has developed a new system modeled after the biology of snakes to monitor the public water supply for poisons and contaminants in real time.
The successful results of preliminary field experiments performed at several European sites were recently reported in the Journal of Applied Spectroscopy.

Using fibers modified in his lab, Katzir found that he could detect “colors” in the infrared spectrum which distinguish between pure and contaminated water. His invention connects the fibers to a commercial infrared spectrometer that detects and notifies authorities immediately if a contaminant has entered a water reservoir, system, building or pipeline.

The infrared spectrum, not visible to human eyes, is typically used by animals like snakes and bats to track down prey.

"With our naked eyes we can't distinguish between pure water and water that contains a small amount of alcohol or acetone. They're all clear. But we can clearly distinguish between liquids using an infrared spectrometer which can identify 'colors' in the invisible infrared spectrum," he added.

According to Katzir, ordinary tap water can become contaminated and deadly within minutes due to industrial spillage, natural disaster or sabotage. He said that his system could detect poisons like pesticides in amounts well below the World Health Organization safety threshold. “Seeing” water like a snake does, could be the first real-time water monitor to provide protection against a chemical terror attack.

"It's unlikely that someone will poison the water supply in Afghanistan, but America is in grave danger, and needs to arm itself against chemical threats to its drinking water," said Katzir. "Toxic materials are readily available as pesticides or herbicides in the agriculture industry, and can be harmful if consumed even in concentrations as low as few parts per million.”
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always