Author Topic: Iran Says It Test Fired Missile That Could Hit Israel...  (Read 947 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Iran Says It Test Fired Missile That Could Hit Israel...
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:36:26 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520779,00.html
Iran Says It Test Fired Missile That Could Hit Israel
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 

TEHRAN, Iran —  President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran test-fired a new advanced missile Wednesday with a range of about 1,200 miles, far enough to strike Israel and southeastern Europe.

The announcement will not reassure the U.S. government, coming just two days after President Barack Obama declared a readiness to seek deeper international sanctions against Iran if it shunned U.S. attempts to open negotiations on its nuclear program. Obama said he expected a positive response to his outreach for opening a dialogue with Iran by the end of the year.

"Defense Minister (Mostafa Mohammad Najjar) has informed me that the Sajjil-2 missile, which has very advanced technology, was launched from Semnan and it landed precisely on the target," state radio quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. He spoke during a visit to the city of Semnan, 125 miles east of the capital Tehran, where Iran's space program is centered.

Ahmadinejad is running for re-election in a June 12 vote and has been criticized by his opponents and others for antagonizing the U.S. and mismanaging the country's faltering economy.

Most Western analysts believe Iran does not yet have the technology to produce nuclear weapons, including warheads for long-range missiles. Many experts believe Iran is three to four years away, some think sooner, from having the capability.
Iran says its missile program is merely for defense and its space program is for scientific and surveillance purposes. It maintains that its nuclear program is for civilian energy uses only.

The solid-fuel Sajjil-2 surface-to-surface missile is a new version of the Sajjil missile, which Iran said it had successfully tested late last year with a similar range.

What a time to have the What sa Nacki in Chief in office!  :'(
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Iran Says It Test Fired Missile That Could Hit Israel...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:16:27 AM »
I hope and pray Israel takes them out before the week is up!  >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »
Iran has big army, but it is with very old technology.  :P
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
Such missiles are useless with conventional warheads.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »
I don't know much about missles.
I think the actions of Iran, and what they imply, are worrisome.
Aren't they?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »
Aren't they?

Exactly they are worrisome, because no one will waste his money for such useless missiles with conventional warheads. What if Iran has managed the nukes through AQ Khan.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/pakistan/khan.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Qadeer_Khan

http://ww4report.com/node/1649
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
It is worrisome news because that is a solid-fuel missile, hence it can be hidden until moments before launching it (liquid fueled missiles must be fueled just prior to launch).

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
If you look on history, Ahmedinjad is acting now exactly like Adolf Hitler...he is going out with new threats everyday, and each threat is becoming more serious,
and what does the world do? Nothing. Tries to appease him.
I don't know what to think about my government anymore.. I just dont know if they realized what to do with Iran by now...

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
Aren't they?

Hi Bullcat, it is very alarming indeed. Have you noticed that Obama has not been mentioning Iran lately? At first Obama was so eager to have talks with the Iranian Hitler and now you don't hear Obama saying anything at all. It is going to be interesting to see what Obama says about Iran when push comes to shove. I still have a strong feeling that Obama will somehow back Iran, even if he does it behind closed doors.

Shalom - Dox   

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
It is worrisome news because that is a solid-fuel missile, hence it can be hidden until moments before launching it (liquid fueled missiles must be fueled just prior to launch).

For any one attempting first strike the liquid fueled missiles are almost similar to the solid-fuel missile. However solid-fuel missile is better for retaliation.

Anyway being a suicidal nation, Iran may be much more leaning towards the first strike.

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE54J26N20090520

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 09:22:06 PM »
Aren't they?

Hi Bullcat, it is very alarming indeed. Have you noticed that Obama has not been mentioning Iran lately? At first Obama was so eager to have talks with the Iranian Hitler and now you don't hear Obama saying anything at all. It is going to be interesting to see what Obama says about Iran when push comes to shove. I still have a strong feeling that Obama will somehow back Iran, even if he does it behind closed doors.

Shalom - Dox   
Hi Dox,  I'm glad to see you posting  :).  I had been missing your posts.  This man is frightening on so many levels.  I wish Israel would take matters into their own hands.  Tell America to take a hike.  They shouldn't wait for Obama to sell them, and us, down the river.     BullCat

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »
Aren't they?

Shalom - Dox   
Hi Dox,  I'm glad to see you posting  :).  I had been missing your posts.  This man is frightening on so many levels.  I wish Israel would take matters into their own hands.  Tell America to take a hike.  They shouldn't wait for Obama to sell them, and us, down the river.     BullCat

Thanks Bullcat, I appreciate the welcome back. I am sorry that I have not had enough time to come on the forum, things have been so crazy and busy for me.
I have missed everyone here, you included....thanks and Shalom - Dox

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
"Defense Minister (Mostafa Mohammad Najjar) has informed me that the Sajjil-2 missile, which has very advanced technology, was launched from Semnan and it landed precisely on the target," state radio quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. He spoke during a visit to the city of Semnan, 125 miles east of the capital Tehran, where Iran's space program is centered.

Translation: it's the most advanced missile it could afford from Russia.