Author Topic: Defamation Court Win to an IslamoNazi  (Read 2026 times)

Offline muppet

• Full JTFer
Defamation Court Win to an IslamoNazi
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:30:14 AM »
I felt I had to post this as this clown has caused a fair bit of trouble up in Sydney. His comments in the media in the past has been in my view a total disgrace and he should of been had up for inciting racial hatred himself.

However Australias Laws are in full effect to take down 'our' freedom of speech.

Australian-Media.com.au News

Keysar Trad wins 2GB defamation court battle

August 1 2007 5:36pm (UTC+8)  -  Article by Pun

UPDATED | Keysar Trad, the president of the Islamic Friendship Association has successful sued 2GB licensee Harbour Radio, for defamation by shock jock Jason Morrison following an on air tirade against Mr Trad on December 19th.

Mr Trad was speaking at a peace rally in response to the Cronulla riots, when comments he made about the 'shame of tabloid journalism' caused the crowd to boo and harass a 2GB journalist who was present nearby the stage.

The reporter reportedly feared for his safety while the crowd negatively responded to his presence at the rally.

"You are gutless, you are just trouble, mate, and I think a lot of people agree with my view," 2GB presenter Jason Morrison said on air the following morning. He later went on accusing Mr Trad as a "disgraceful and dangerous individual who incited violence, hatred and racism."

Clive Evatt, Mr Trad's barrister, argued in court today that Jason Morrison's comments would be interpreted as comparing Mr Trad to a nazi or terrorist.

"In this particular program, Jason Morrison, there's no doubt about it, he really gave Mr Trad the works throughout the entirety of the broadcast,"

Richard McHugh SC who was acting for the licensee of 2GB Harbour Radio, said he realised some of the comments were defamatory, but that some of the comments were misinterpreted.

"What (my client) does dispute is that all 10 of these imputations were conveyed and that all 10 were defamatory," he said.

The Jury found that 8 comments defamed Mr Trad. The case will continue to hear defenses from Harbour Radio.

source http://www.australian-media.com.au/news/5595/keysar-trad-wins-2gb-defamation-court-battle/