Author Topic: Guardian Angels Visit the Rebbe  (Read 651 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Guardian Angels Visit the Rebbe
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:36 AM »
It's clear that the first few people were there to see the rebbe. Then a bunch of blacks were in line to take the dollar. They shrugged it off like it was not important. One of them didn't even show enough respect to look the rebbe in the eyes and just grabbed the dollar.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline muppet

• Full JTFer
Re: Guardian Angels Visit the Rebbe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:58:56 AM »
Why were they giving money??... Wouldn't it be better to send it back to Israel?

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »
I did notice the first few people were grateful. The rest didn't seem to care about getting a dollar, but I don't think they realize the significance
of what the dollar means. Perhaps the few ingrateful ones were only looking at the value of the dollar and did not stop to see it's true meaning
of zadaka. Giving zadaka is a mitzvah.

Shalom - Dox

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »
Why were they giving money??... Wouldn't it be better to send it back to Israel?

I do see both sides to this story. While this money probably can be used for better causes such as Yeshivas and helping people in Israel, that is already the intention. The Rebbe wanted people to give Tzaduka and if every dollar given resulted in more dollars given, than the goal was accomplished. I do think some of the money was wasted though when it was given to thugs off of the street. The question is whether the good outweighed the bad.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?