Author Topic: Nethanyahu getting punked  (Read 361 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Nethanyahu getting punked
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:07:36 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1243346479931&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

The gist of the above article is that Israel was hoping that by destroying outposts it would placate Washington enough to let Israel deal forcibly with Iran.  The conclusion seems to be that the US is saying no that it requires a settlement freeze including building within Jewish communities.  In other words the Israeli offer to cut its own finger off is not enough the US wants at least an arm and a leg.

Israelis have to be the worst negotiators in history.  The next PM should not be a lawyer or a soldier but a used car salesman.  At least they know not to give away things without getting anything in return.  I don't recall any time in history where Arabs or Western nations made concessions to Israel.

During the negotiations with Egypt it became obvious that Egypt was saying it was still bound by its commitments to other Arab nations.  That meant that if Syria went to war with Israel Egypt might go with them.  Begin also started that process by offering Egypt 95% of Sinai.  Of course  he lost the other 5% and despite Begin saying "Isarel would not sign a sham agreement" he did.  Nothing has improved.  My guess is that before too long Nethanyahu will be agreeing to a total settlement freeze and then evacuating settlements, then a Palestinian State and then a return to the 67 borders.  His final act will be giving up the suburbs of Jerusalem and the settlement blocs and then dividing Jersusalem. 

Sorry I guess I am not in an optimistic mood.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.