Author Topic: Liberals attack police for fighting crime in the name of political correctness  (Read 1410 times)

Offline MikeyChua

• Full JTFer

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05192009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/face_facts_on_frisks_169970.htm
FACE FACTS ON FRISKS
By HEATHER MAC DONALD
THE New York Civil Liberties Union last week lodged another "racial-profiling" complaint about the NYPD, pointing to statistics for the first three months of 2009: 52 percent of all people stopped for questioning by the police were black, whereas 9 percent were white.

It would be illuminating if the NYCLU suggested what the proper percentage of stops should be for the various racial and ethnic groups. Doing so might force it to acknowledge the following facts about crime in New York: Blacks commit about 68 percent of all violent crime in the city, according to police records, though they are just 24 percent of the city's population.

That crime number comes from victims and witnesses when they report attacks to the police. According to data from victims and witnesses, blacks commit about 82 percent of all shootings and 72 percent of all robberies. Whites commit about 5 percent of all violent crimes, though they make up 35 percent of the city's population, and commit 1 percent of shootings and about 4 percent of robberies.

Now, given these crime rates, whom exactly does the NYCLU think the NYPD should be stopping? Police enforcement activity can reflect criminal behavior or population ratios -- not both.

If stop-and-frisks mirrored the city's racial, rather than crime, demographics, as the NYCLU seems to think they should, the police would be ignoring where crime is actually occurring and who its victims and perpetrators are. Recall that victims and witnesses report in 1 percent of all shootings in the city that the perpetrator was white.

When the police are trying to track down a shooting suspect, therefore, only 1 percent of the time are they looking for a white suspect. If the police were pressured into racial parity for gun stops, they would be ignoring victim identifications and misallocating their resources in a massive way.

These crime numbers don't mean the police are making stops based on suspects' skin color, however. Commanders deploy officers according to one factor only: criminal activity. The city's highest-crime areas receive the most police attention.

Wherever a rash of shootings or robberies breaks out, commanders will respond by flooding the zone with officers. The highest-crime areas of the city are those with the highest proportion of black residents.

The 75th Precinct, in East New York, had the most stops (8,073) in the first quarter of this year. It also has the highest crime rate. Should Police Commissioner Ray Kelly leave the many law-abiding residents of the 75th Precinct without adequate protection because enforcement activity will inevitably fall mostly on blacks? Doing so would ignore the 75th Precinct's victims, who have as much of a right to police attention as residents of less crime-ridden areas.

The same proportion of stops of blacks and whites -- 12 percent -- results in a summons or an arrest, suggesting that the police use the same behavioral factors in deciding whom to stop. The NYCLU claims that this summons and arrest rate is too low, without revealing what a proper rate might be.

Just because a stop doesn't yield evidence of a crime, however, doesn't mean that it was unjustified. A high percentage of stops are made because the suspect appeared to be casing a victim or property or acting as a lookout. The officer's surmise may well have been correct, and the stop effective in breaking up criminal activity, without the stop producing grounds for arrest. Even if the subject is innocent, his actions and their context could have properly raised the officer's suspicions.

New York's sky-high crime rate of the late '80s and early '90s was turned around when the police started proactively using their powers to get criminals off the streets and to deter others from engaging in crime. Being stopped, questioned or frisked by an officer when you have done nothing wrong is an annoyance, which the police must mitigate by courteous behavior and an explanation for the stop. Getting shot, however, is more than an annoyance; it can be a life destroyer.

Cutting back on proactive policing would almost certainly allow a rise in shootings, which would mean thousands more black homicide victims, hardly a triumph for civil rights.

Here's a suggestion for the NYCLU: If you want to lower the rate of police activity in black neighborhoods, put some effort into lowering the crime rate. Attacking the police for fighting crime is a dangerous distraction.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
In Hungary if the police beats a gypsy all liberals call them "racists"...liberals can hang themself.  >:(
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Heather MacDonald is spot on.  

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
So I guess your supposed to let the blacks go and arrest only whites according to the liberals. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
Great column. Its refreshing clarity, unlike what we normally get from the left-wing media.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
In the Netherlands, ethnic background is no longer mentioned unless it's 'white'.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
In the Netherlands, ethnic background is no longer mentioned unless it's 'white'.

I'm never moving there.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muppet

• Full JTFer

I'm never moving there.

That's where the problem is they leave the Pedo lovers move in and get stronger..

They do the same thing to a lesser degree in the North Western Suburbs of Melbourne. 1 Family of filth move in they're quiet then another family moves in then their bastard children make life a hell for everyone else.

Decent people decide to move then all the filths friends buy up in the same street.

Snowball effect.. I guess us stupid whiteys haven't caught onto their tricks yet  :o ..

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
One can plainly see that lawless ness is getting out of control everywhere.

Offline MikeyChua

• Full JTFer

Yes, and that includes New York:
Assaults up 43% in Greenwich & East Villages, up 30% on LES [NYPost]
· Meanwhile, mugging spree targets young women on UES [NYPost]
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05192009/news/regionalnews/manhattan/violent_crime_wave_jolts_trendy_downtown_170010.htm
VIOLENT CRIME WAVE JOLTS TRENDY DOWNTOWN
 Downtown Manhattan, the city's party mecca, has been hit by an alarming spike in vicious street violence.

UPDATE: Kelly Says NYPD Is 'Aggressively Investigating' Crime Spike Report

Assaults in Greenwich Village lead the frightening upturn, with a whopping 43 percent increase so far this year compared with the same period in 2008.

"I've never seen it like this before -- never, ever," said G. Simon Chafik, a female photographer who has lived in Manhattan for 15 years.

"I'm a big New Yorker. New York is one of the safest cities. [But] I'm beginning to question that."

Other hot Manhattan neighborhoods tainted by the crime wave include TriBeCa, with a nearly 17 percent jump, and Gramercy, which has seen a 24 percent increase in assaults.

The danger zones also include the East Village from East 14th Street to Houston Street and the East River to Broadway, which has seen a 27.7 percent rise, from 47 to 60 assaults.

The Lower East Side has experienced a whopping 30 percent hike in assaults.

One area appearing to buck the trend is Chelsea, which has recorded a 17 percent drop in such attacks.

Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne attributed the crime jump largely to the neighborhoods' huge restaurant and bar scenes, which attract large numbers of late-night revelers.

He said the NYPD was addressing the issue with beefed-up police presence and additional undercover officers.

Residents say the recent violence in the popular West Village is particularly frightening because it had been so rare.

"I feel anxious -- there are muggings on my block," said writer Warren Ransom, 50.

The victims even include cops. One case involved a vicious anti-gay attack on an off-duty NYPD officer.

An eight-year veteran police officer needed six stitches to close a head wound after Andrew Klein, 31, allegedly accosted him while the cop was walking with a woman on West 14th Street near Sixth Avenue at 5:30 a.m. Friday.

The victim identified himself as a cop, and Klein retorted, "I don't give a f- - -," according to court documents.

A day earlier, a man from Buffalo was brutally beaten and left unconscious at a Greenwich Village intersection by four young thugs, one of whom proudly declared, "I hit him good."

Klein's lawyer, Daniel Kron, told The Post that his client was merely involved in a fight and did not know the other man was a cop.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
So I guess your supposed to let the blacks go and arrest only whites according to the liberals. 

They think all black crime is caused by white oppression and racism.

Offline muppet

• Full JTFer

Honestly if it weren't for white people who else could black people blame for the World's woes?

Name me 1 successful/civilised and progressive black run country?, yeah that question is a real debate stopper aye.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican

Honestly if it weren't for white people who else could black people blame for the World's woes?

Name me 1 successful/civilised and progressive black run country?, yeah that question is a real debate stopper aye.

You're more likely to see a unicorn than a successful "black" country.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member

You're more likely to see a unicorn than a successful "black" country.
:::D Funny...but true.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer

Yes, and that includes New York:
Assaults up 43% in Greenwich & East Villages, up 30% on LES [NYPost]
· Meanwhile, mugging spree targets young women on UES [NYPost]
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05192009/news/regionalnews/manhattan/violent_crime_wave_jolts_trendy_downtown_170010.htm
VIOLENT CRIME WAVE JOLTS TRENDY DOWNTOWN
 Downtown Manhattan, the city's party mecca, has been hit by an alarming spike in vicious street violence.

UPDATE: Kelly Says NYPD Is 'Aggressively Investigating' Crime Spike Report

Assaults in Greenwich Village lead the frightening upturn, with a whopping 43 percent increase so far this year compared with the same period in 2008.

"I've never seen it like this before -- never, ever," said G. Simon Chafik, a female photographer who has lived in Manhattan for 15 years.

"I'm a big New Yorker. New York is one of the safest cities. [But] I'm beginning to question that."

Other hot Manhattan neighborhoods tainted by the crime wave include TriBeCa, with a nearly 17 percent jump, and Gramercy, which has seen a 24 percent increase in assaults.

The danger zones also include the East Village from East 14th Street to Houston Street and the East River to Broadway, which has seen a 27.7 percent rise, from 47 to 60 assaults.

The Lower East Side has experienced a whopping 30 percent hike in assaults.

One area appearing to buck the trend is Chelsea, which has recorded a 17 percent drop in such attacks.

Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne attributed the crime jump largely to the neighborhoods' huge restaurant and bar scenes, which attract large numbers of late-night revelers.

He said the NYPD was addressing the issue with beefed-up police presence and additional undercover officers.

Residents say the recent violence in the popular West Village is particularly frightening because it had been so rare.

"I feel anxious -- there are muggings on my block," said writer Warren Ransom, 50.

The victims even include cops. One case involved a vicious anti-gay attack on an off-duty NYPD officer.

An eight-year veteran police officer needed six stitches to close a head wound after Andrew Klein, 31, allegedly accosted him while the cop was walking with a woman on West 14th Street near Sixth Avenue at 5:30 a.m. Friday.

The victim identified himself as a cop, and Klein retorted, "I don't give a f- - -," according to court documents.

A day earlier, a man from Buffalo was brutally beaten and left unconscious at a Greenwich Village intersection by four young thugs, one of whom proudly declared, "I hit him good."

Klein's lawyer, Daniel Kron, told The Post that his client was merely involved in a fight and did not know the other man was a cop.

I'm so tired of this.  Every black could be running around with rabies and they would still make excuses for them.  Every black area in the world is a nightmare and there are very, very, very few exceptions.