Poll

Were lynchings against Blacks justified?

Yes
7 (43.8%)
No
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Were lynchings against Blacks justified?  (Read 2841 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
Were lynchings against Blacks justified?
« on: June 09, 2009, 03:48:14 AM »
I oppose vigilantism but almost all lynchings against Blacks were justified. http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/lynchcauses.html

Causes Of Lynchings, 1882-1968

Number    Percent    
Homicides    1,937    40.84
Felonious Assault    205    4.32
Rape    912    19.22
Attempted Rape    288    6.07
Robbery and Theft    232    4.89
Insult to White Person    85    1.79
All Other Causes    1,084    22.85
Total    4,743    100.00

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Were lynchings against Blacks justified?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 04:15:27 AM »
Both white and black people were lynched when they did horrible things and the justice system was found lacking. These weren't random blacks targeted for the skin color. They were criminals.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »
Back in the day when lyniching were done, there was a just alternative of bringing the offender to trial by court and able minded jury. I also think that lynching is particularly cruel and inhumane form of execution. It may involve all sort of torture methods such as tarring, lashing, strangulation, breaking of bones. And most importantly, any man has the right for a fair trial.

I maintain the opinion that it is just to lynch a person who was caught on the on the act of committing a capital crime if the situation is that the situation is such that he would be shielded from fair trial and proper penalty by court and politics. That is the case for example in Israel, where an Arab murderer terrorist can expect to be spend prison time where the state provides him with the free high education opportunity and eventual freedom due to political settlements and trading of bodies in exchange for live murderers.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
Actually... most of them were.  In history class... children only learn about the unjust lynchings.... like a poor black man stealing a pig to feed his family.    But 99% of the hangings were done because the blacks TRULY committed horrible crimes.... ones in which whites would have been considered for the death penalty too. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »
It depends on why lynching is taking place.

Lynching a white or black person who is innocent is plain wrong.

Lynching a guilty white or black person might be taking law in one's hand, but if justice wasn't served, I can maybe sit in the back row and accept it for what it is.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 10:21:33 AM »
Let's phrase it this way. If somebody would kill, rob or rape somebody of my loved ones, I would lynch him. But colourblind.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
How come only negros count?
What about the others who were lynched?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
Both white and black people were lynched when they did horrible things and the justice system was found lacking. These weren't random blacks targeted for the skin color. They were criminals.

exactly. but the schools won't tell you that.
In school i actually believed that lynching happened to random blacks for no reason whatsover.
with that type of indoctrination anyone will see lynchings as "injust"

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »
How come only negros count?
What about the others who were lynched?

Blacks are the only ones who count for anything anymore it seems like. Funny how school kids are never taught about white people being lynched though, or people of other races being lynched, just blacks.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
Back in the times and places where lynching was practiced, people could generally walk the streets, even late at night in not the best parts of town, without fear for their safety.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »
The abortion doctor who was killed is a good example of how vigilantism is justified sometimes. What this monster was doing was legal even though it was pure evil.