Author Topic: Human Rights Court Rules Against Turkey In Abuse Case  (Read 637 times)

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
Human Rights Court Rules Against Turkey In Abuse Case
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:08:15 PM »
June 10, 2009
European Court of Human Rights orders Turkey to pay damages to relatives of honor killing victim
It's a start. As long as Islamic law allows for no penalty when a parent kills a child, however, there will be honor killings.

"EU [sic] Human Rights Court Rules Against Turkey In Abuse Case, " from ANSAmed, June 9 (thanks to Insubria):

(ANSAmed) - ANKARA, JUNE 9 - The European Court of Human Rights, or ECHR, ruled Turkey had denied a citizen her "right to life" by failing to prevent her murder by her son-in-law and ordered it to pay damages. It was the first time the court ruled against a state for failing to protect a citizen against domestic violence, Turkish broadcasters reported.
Turkey was also found to have violated the convention on human rights which prohibits torture, inhumane treatment and discrimination in Opuz vs. Turkey. It was ordered to pay 36,500 euros ($50,670) to the applicant, whose ex-husband killed her mother, according to a ruling on the ECHR's website. "The general and discriminatory judicial passivity in Turkey created a climate that was conducive to domestic violence," the court said in the statement. As many as half of Turkish women face violence in the home, Amnesty International has said, and dozens of women are killed in so-called "honor killings" each year.
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
Re: Human Rights Court Rules Against Turkey In Abuse Case
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:09:26 PM »
Its about time these sick freaks have to stand accountable for their vile behavior! 8)
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always