Author Topic: Obama Healthcare Town Hall Tanked on the Tube  (Read 965 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Obama Healthcare Town Hall Tanked on the Tube
« on: June 25, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »
Healthcare Town Hall Tanked on the Tube

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/200 ... l?wprss=44

By Garance Franke-Ruta
Here's one way to negate the power of the Obama brand to sell just about anything: add health care talk to the mix.

Last night's ABC News special on health care, criticized in advance by Republicans as an infomercial for the president's reform plan, "struggled for viewers," according to The Hollywood Reporter's The Live Feed blog.

"The one-hour ABC News special 'Primetime: Questions for the President: Prescription for America' (4.7 million viewers, 1.1 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) had the fewest viewers in the 10 p.m. hour. The special tied some 8 p.m. comedy repeats as the lowest-rated program on a major broadcast network," the Reporter noted.

NBC's "Inside the Obama White House" special on June 2, in contrast, won viewers ages 18-49 during its 9 p.m. airing, garnering 9.1 million viewers over all and making NBC the ratings winner for the evening.

One possible explanation for the discrepancy comes from recent polls that show the president is more popular personally than his policies are.

The NBC special focused as much on life in the White House -- the first lady, the first dog, the lives of staffers and so on -- as any policy questions. The ABC special on the White House health care town hall, in contrast, involved more substantive but slightly dryer matters.

Ratings magnet Michelle Obama, for her part, skipped the ABC forum and, with daughters Malia and Sasha Obama, took in the Beyonce show at the Verizon Center.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Obama Healthcare Town Hall Tanked on the Tube
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Doesn't surprise me and I am glad! I sure didn't watch it. How can you like a president "personally" and be against his policies at the same time? I don't understand the mind of a liberal!  >:( I have never hated anyone as much as I hate this piece of drek.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
It's good that his infomercial did not gain the ratings numbers that I'm sure he expected to be through the roof.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, some of his luster is fading away for some of his supporters....

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:11:11 PM »
We can only HOPE ag337!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »
We can only HOPE ag337!

arksis,
It's true, we can only hope that people wake up from their comas and see what's going on.
People need to get a grip.
But, I'm am pleased that this infomercial of his didn't get the ratings that I'm sure Obama and his Administration were expecting.
It shows the ever slightest awakening of some people not buying into his garbage agenda.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »
We can only HOPE ag337!

arksis,
It's true, we can only hope that people wake up from their comas and see what's going on.
People need to get a grip.
But, I'm am pleased that this infomercial of his didn't get the ratings that I'm sure Obama and his Administration were expecting.
It shows the ever slightest awakening of some people not buying into his garbage agenda.

These people need to get a grip sooner than later! I'm so afraid it will be too late to straighten out the mess he's gotten us into.
Meir Kahane