Author Topic: Ask JTF for Sunday, July 12, 2009  (Read 9795 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Ask JTF for Sunday, July 12, 2009
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 06:01:20 AM »
Dear Chaim

I do you grow your own vegitables. I am growing Hot Pepper and Tomatos and Peas this year. I find this to be very rewarding and a big stress relif. I can go outside in my spard time and care for my garden. It's very soothing and rewarding.

All the Best

David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

Last week you mentioned that Judaism is only a religion not a race, but I always thought that a common gene or dna trait connected jews of every race like sefardic, ethiopians and ashkenazis together to the biblical isrealites, In other words is their any link besides a religious belief that connects the jews together like in DNA or a common gene? I also understand fully that anyone can convert but in this quesiton i'm reffering to the jews who have a long lineage tracing them back to biblical times.

Also what is your Affirmative action story of this week

thanks again,
-John.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:52:53 PM by MuslimSlayer90 »

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 11:46:11 AM »
Shalom ,

Recently a couple that I know lost their young child , who was less than a year old, to a congenital defect. They have been asking how G-d would judge the life of their baby as he did not have enough time in this world to have the chance to be a good person. As far as I know this is a righteous non Jewish couple who work with frail seniors, who are looking for some comfort in a very difficult time.

how does G-d judge such a young life?

Thank you, I have not been here as often of late, but visit the forum as often as I can.

Thank you.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline KalmanBenMenachem

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
Reb Chaim,

Can you tell us more about the Vilna Gaon -- his life, his thoughts and his influence? 

Thank you as always,
Kalman Ben Menachem

Offline many_questions

• New JTFer
Question about the final battle between Ishmael and Edom
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 01:47:43 PM »
Hello Chaim,

I've listened to your askjtf segments and watched your clips on youtube for over a year now, but I've never posted on the forum before. The reason I'm posting is because of something you mentioned in a previous askjtf program - namely that there will be a final battle between Ishmael and Edom. I found this to be a really interesting concept and have been doing some research on the net to learn what I can about it. As you certainly well know, there are many different opinions and interpretations on this topic. It can be hard to sort through it all to get at the truth, which is where I'm hoping you can help me. Specifically, one common denominator I've found is a reference to the Zohar, in Volume 8, Vaera, section 22:205 (I believe I'm citing this correctly - please excuse me if I'm not). Now, from what I understand, to properly understand the Zohar, it is required that one be very wise and learned in the study of the Torah. I am not, obviously, so this is why I must ask you to help me with the interpretation of the text in question - which I will quote below for you (my source is an English translation, obviously):

"205. At that time, a nation from the end of the earth will be roused against evil Rome and wage war against it for three months. Nations will gather there, and will fall into their hands until all the children of Edom will gather against it from all the corners of the world. Then the Holy One, blessed be He, will be roused against them. This is the meaning of: "For Hashem has a sacrifice in Botzrah" (Yeshayah 34:6). And afterwards, it is written: "That it might take hold of the ends of the earth..." (Iyov 38:13). He will destroy the descendants of Ishmael from the land, and break all the powers of above. There will not remain any power above over the eternal people, MEANING YISRAEL, except the power of Yisrael alone. This is the meaning of: "Hashem is your shade upon your right hand" (Tehilim 121:5)."

Now, I have seen different articles on the net written by people who are (or at least profess to be) rabbis that give very different interpretations of this text. Some have said that this text means that Ishmael will be totally destroyed from the earth. Others have said that this text simply means that Ishmael will be completely removed from the Holy Land, but not totally destroyed. Still others have said that this text means that both Ishmael and Edom will be totally destroyed. Even still others have said that neither Ismael or Edom will be totally destroyed, but rather that both will be stripped of their power. Naturally, this abundance of opinion has left me with as many questions as answers. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you what you think this text means.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Nikola Tesla

• New JTFer
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »
What is your feeling about the case of the 89 year old Ivan Demjanjuk?  He was a Ukranian and was taken prisoner by the Nazis.  It is unclear if he ever joined the SS but he probably voluntarily joined the killing apparatus in Sobibor, Ukranians having a record of being notorious antisemites.  He is a small part of the SS killing machine and in no way is he a pivotal player like those convicted at Nuremberg, Eichmann or Klaus Barbie.  Also, his trial is being used by the Germans to show that they are nice guys now!  He was already tried and imprisoned in Israel for a decade for a crime he was not guilty of, not being Ivan the Terrible of Treblinka.  Is this like flogging a dead horse?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:36:23 PM by Nikola Tesla »

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »
Hello Chaim do you think the DR who bleached michael jacksons skin would come forward since he is dead? Thanks and GD bless