Author Topic: Rosetta Stone Devoid of Hebrew culture  (Read 4485 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Rosetta Stone Devoid of Hebrew culture
« on: July 04, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »
   I just started working with the Rosetta stone. The learning method so far looks like something that is compatible with my learning style. I'm a visual learner. The only problem that I see is that the pictures are generic for all languages and devoid of Hebrew culture. For the word Men (G'varim), they show some African tribal savages that look like they're ready to throw spears.
   It's also interesting to type Hebrew on the keyboard. I keep mixing up the delete key with the direction and some keys like the period symbol are placed elsewhere.
   If this program works, I might be able to finally join the Hebrew forum.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

• Master JTFer
Re: Rosetta Stone Devoid of Hebrew culture
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
   Looks like the program has pictures of the same brilliant black doctors that you see in Hollywood. From a functionality standpoint, this is appearing to be a good program, I'm just sick of the whole multi-culture thing they are trying to do. From what I hear, when you learn a language, it is important to learn about the culture of the language. Of course if someone wanted to learn Arabic, they would have to learn about the sick Arab culture.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
   The family section was interesting. They showed all sorts of illegitimate families. The first person wearing a Kippa(Yalmulka) appeared. The only thing they got wrong was that it was a girl wearing one. Her brother was not.

Moshe92

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »
It was interesting hearing about Rosetta Stone. Good luck learning Hebrew. I hope you will be able to join the Hebrew forum soon. I joined last February, and I have about 50 posts so far.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »
   One thing I can't understand is why many black women shave all their hair off. I don't know what they look like with their hair, but they are real ugly without hair(or at least a wig). The problem is that some of these so called women on Rosetta Stone look like men. Since Hebrew is heavily gender dependent, I need to be able to determine from some of these photos if the abominations are men are women. I sometimes get it wrong when a woman looks like a man.