General Category > General Discussion

Should Movie Stars, Singers and Sports players be allowed to earn as much.......

(1/2) > >>

Irish Zionist:
As Doctors, Teachers, Scientists, Firefighters etc.
I mean first things first, they earn much much more than everyone else and don't deserve it.
For example: The Doctor spends years of hard work becoming a doctor, he is well educated and is saving peoples lives. Movie Star probably does a few auditions quits school, gets an early start in life and can have really long holidays and just make money doing nothing. Is it just me or is this the biggest injustice of the 21st century. It should be the other way around.

Manch:
Yes, as much as market will carry. Government has no place regulating people's incomes

Moshe92:
I agree with Manch. That's just how the market works.

Secularbeliever:
Irish, if you think it is that easy try it sometime.  Most people hoping to become actors end up waiting tables or driving cabs for years .  It is a very tough life unless you are one of the very few who make it.

More importantly who would you suggest place these limits on their salaries?  If you believe at all in free markets you should assume the market determines issues like that.

syyuge:
Such things are basically controlled by demand and supply. Manipulations may be secondary factors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version