Author Topic: Chabad house in India appears to be the target  (Read 543 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Chabad house in India appears to be the target
« on: February 14, 2010, 02:24:15 PM »
Apparently the Chabad house was the target, according to some authorities....

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135998
India: Beit Chabad Was a Target
Shevat 30, 5770, 14 February 10 10:47
by Hillel Fendel

(Israelnationalnews.com) The Home [Interior] Minister of India says that the Beit Chabad in Pune has been targeted by terrorists for a while, and specifically was a target of the terrorist attack that claimed nine lives just two doors away over the weekend.

A bomb ripped apart a bakery popular with international visitors on Saturday evening in the Indian city, some 100 kilometers southeast of Mumbai, India’s largest city. It was the largest terrorist strike in India since the November 2008 attacks in Mumbai, which killed 173 people; six of the victims were murdered in the local Beit Chabad.

No Jews were killed in the Pune blast, although police officials said that foreigners were targeted. Among the dead and wounded were Iranians, Sudanese and Germans.

Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram told reporters that the Beit Chabad "has been on the radar [of terrorists] for quite some time." Chidambaram arrived at the Beit Chabad shortly after the attack as the official representative of the Indian Government. Beit Chabad emissary Rabbi Betzalel Kupchik thanked him for the permanent security stationed at the Beit Chabad, and added words of encouragement for the Indian Government's fight against terrorism.

People in the Beit Chabad building when the bomb exploded said they felt the building shake, and that it took them a few moments to realize that it had actually not been hit.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chabad house in India appears to be the target
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »
So they misidentified the house?  These people are too evil in every respect

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:03 PM »
So they misidentified the house?  These people are too evil in every respect

Either that, or as the article says, the Indian government provides protection for the Chabad house. Maybe they thought that some of the local Jews would eat at that Bakery? Maybe they thought that their explosives would bring down the whole block? I don't know what they were thinking... But if they intended on killing Jews and they failed, then it gives me pleasure. It is very sorry that those tourists died and this is just the beginning of the ugly face of islam which we will have to deal with.

This is very sorry news..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »
Sorry, you are absolutely correct.   I bypassed that part at the end.  What is the purpose of any of this (killing, murder mayhem)?  These people who plot these acts aren't even human, nor animals lower on the evolutionary chain.  I don't know what they are.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:39:41 PM »
Sorry, you are absolutely correct.   I bypassed that part at the end.  What is the purpose of any of this (killing, murder mayhem)?  These people who plot these acts aren't even human, nor animals lower on the evolutionary chain.  I don't know what they are.

Look at the eyes of the terrorists and you see a dark emptiness, an evil eye... I looked at the most wanted terrorists and posted some of those pictures here and it is obvious that they are possessed with an evil will. I believe that this is what happens to them when they twist and distort the will of Hashem in this world. The evil which is in their souls appears on their faces. They cannot hide from their own evil and it will be what destroys them.

Hashem created the evil inclination in mankind. We are merely human beings with a limited perception of reality.  We cannot see the 'big picture' of the entirety of Hashem so we have to ask why there is evil in this world. I accept that it exists. It exists as a force against me, and I must press with my will against it. Like in physics, for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. There is friction, there is resistance, and there is opposition.

The yetzer hara, is the Satan, is the angel of death. This is taught in the Talmud. Our own evil inclinations {and the terrorists own evil inclination} acts as the Satan, the one who prosecutes us for our misdeeds in the next world, is the one who carries out the death sentence on the physical body.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:44:51 PM by muman613 »

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
Muman,

Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I am always interested to learn more about Judaism and I am aware of my own incredible ignorance.  I like your point about the gaze or the look that is captured in their eyes.  Btw, nice use of Newton's third law  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:49:21 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »
Muman,

Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I am always interested to learn more about Judaism and I am aware of my own incredible ignorance.  I like your point about the gaze or the lok that is captured in their eyes.  Btw, nice use of Newton's third law  ;D

Hello JTFEnthusiast,

I am delighted to be of assistance. I hope that your journey will be peaceful. I returned to the path of Judaism only seven years ago. I had turned away for almost 15 years...

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »
Muman,

How did you begin your process of actually learning about Judaism anew?  One of my problems is that I am too ignorant to understand some of the comments made that use the Hebrew words unless someone translates them.  I am very thankful to people like yourself and to Chaim who go out of their way to always translate the Hebrew word so that I have some kind of concept of the idea being elucidated/expressed.