Author Topic: Soldier Challenges Deployment, Citing Obama's Birth  (Read 1560 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Soldier Challenges Deployment, Citing Obama's Birth
« on: July 15, 2009, 05:41:43 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/14/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5160041.shtml

Here's a story tailor-made to burn up the Internet: A soldier is objecting to his deployment to Iraq because he believes President Obama wasn't born in the United States.

Conspiracy theories about where Mr. Obama was born abound in some quarters despite the fact that the Obama campaign posted the then-candidate's Hawaiian birth certificate online last year. Skeptics call the certificate a forgery, though their claims have been repeatedly debunked.

Among the doubters is conservative politician Alan Keyes, who has taken the question of the president's birth to court. Keyes believes Mr. Obama is not a "natural born citizen" and is thus ineligible for the presidency under the Constitution.

Now comes word that U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, a reservist who lives in Florida, is challenging his deployment based on that argument. Reports the Ledger-Enquirer out of Columbus, Georgia: "Cook’s lawyer, Orly Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector for his client."

Cook is arguing that because Mr. Obama isn't really the president (and thus isn't the commander in chief), the soldier "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President's command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

A hearing on Cook's request is set for Thursday morning.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: Soldier Challenges Deployment, Citing Obama's Birth
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »
lets see if this story will make any major network news I doubt it will very much

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:52:49 AM »
I heard it yesterday on Fox it's great
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:16:42 AM »
This soldier's life is essentially over and he will be lucky to work as a janitor now.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
The entire Military needs to step forth on this one, including the generals who work for obama.
I am sure some of the Generals have doubts so what are they waiting for?

Shalom - Dox   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »
If the military did not rise up and mutiny during Dubya's absurd and treasonous "war-crimes" trials, why would they now?

Offline RationalMinority

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »
I don't think Barack Obama would have even tried to run for President if he wasn't born in America. Where does everyone think he was born?

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 05:10:18 PM »
I don't think Barack Obama would have even tried to run for President if he wasn't born in America. Where does everyone think he was born?

Your thought process is dysfunctional.

Offline RationalMinority

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »

How so? Also, where is he thought to have been born? Surely if there is such a claim, then there would be something to back it up.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »

just another troll... or  ignoramus!

Offline RationalMinority

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
I'm neither. I just wanted to know. I've heard this a lot, and no one seems to ever have an answer.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 05:32:54 PM »
I'm neither. I just wanted to know. I've heard this a lot, and no one seems to ever have an answer.

Obama is the one who gives no answers. Get it right!

Offline RationalMinority

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »

Do you mean regarding his birth? He supplied a birth certificate, didn't he? All I'm seeing here is members who avoid questions. You seem so sure of yourselves, so why not offer some explanations?

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »

Do you mean regarding his birth? He supplied a birth certificate, didn't he? All I'm seeing here is members who avoid questions. You seem so sure of yourselves, so why not offer some explanations?

RationalMinority,
This entire issue could be solved by Obama in literally a matter of minutes.
Obama would simply release his birth, school, and passport records to the courts, public, and the press.

Instead, he chooses to employ lawyers throughout the U.S.A., to postpone, delay, and divert the different claims filed in the courts.

His own Grandmother claimed she was in the birthing room in Kenya, Africa when he was born.

His half-sister has given out numerous different names of the hospitals where he was born.

He has not released an official birth record.

The issue could easily be cleared up but, Obama chooses not to do so.
It is as simple as that.