Author Topic: Would Rush Limbaugh Be A Good Political Candidate?  (Read 2972 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Would Rush Limbaugh Be A Good Political Candidate?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
He may be too supportive of AIG bonuses--and other companies that received bailouts--and oil companies.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
Although Franken is a radical-leftist, the media portrayed him as mainstream.

In constrast, although the majority of Limbaugh's views are probably mainstream, most of the media portrays him as a radical.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
It's a myth that Limbaugh has much political influence.

The media kept trying to say that he was the Republican party.  But if it was up to him, McCain wouldn't have been the GOP nomine.

Did Limbaugh support any candidate?  He opposed McCain and Huckabee in the primaries.  I'm not sure about the others.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 12:23:12 PM »
I think Rush and other talk show hosts are generally ok people, but here's what really disturbs me about them. They allow people to work off steam by listening to them. They act as a stop gap measure, a controlled opposition. Then people don't actually go out and DO anything.

This is so true.  I still believe had Limbaugh gotten behind Mitt Romney in the last election, it could have allowed him, not the traitor McCain, to be the Republican nominee for president.

How is Romney any better than McCain? 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 12:27:36 PM »
What did he talk about when Bush was president?

Before Bush left office, Limbaugh was invited to the White House.  It's doubtful that would have occurred if he was critical of Bush.

Glen Beck interviewed Rush on Beck's new show and Rush didn't give a clear response.

He admitted that he disagreed with Bush on issues but seemed to admit to Beck that he was reluctant to go too hard on Bush.   

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »
Glenn Beck tells people to get off their duff and question everything, show up, attend, contact, and even "get on your knees and pray people."  This is one reason I listen to him, and I do all those things by the way.