Author Topic: Obama equates the Holocaust with American Slavery  (Read 1730 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Obama equates the Holocaust with American Slavery
« on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »
This is the idiocy which resides in the white house.

While institutionalized slavery is bad I think what happened in Germany to the Jews and others to be far worse. Slaves were not systematically killed because of their religion.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132375

Obama: ‘Never Forget’ Applies to Slavery and Holocaust
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
(IsraelNN.com)

U.S. President Barack Obama said in a CNN interview to be broadcast Monday that the legacy of slavery in the United States, like the Holocaust, “Is one of those that you don’t forget about. “I think it's important that the way we think about it, the way it's taught, is not one in which there's simply a victim and a victimizer, and that's the end of the story," he added.

The interview on the “Anderson Cooper: 360” program was taped in Ghana, a former slave trading center and President Obama's destination this past weekend.

Obama also that a slave dungeon that he visited during his visit was “reminiscent of the trip I took to Buchenwald." He explained that the dungeon, like the Nazi death camp, "reminds us of the capacity of human beings to commit great evil.”

He has mentioned the Holocaust several times in different contexts since taking office. In his “reaching out to the Muslim world” speech in Cairo last month, President Obama aggravated many Jews by stating that the State of Israel was re-established because of the Holocaust, and despite it.

He also mentioned the situation of Arabs in Gaza immediately after recalling the Holocaust and those who deny it. “Around the world, the Jewish people were persecuted for centuries, and anti-Semitism in Europe culminated in an unprecedented Holocaust … Six million Jews were killed…,” the president declared.

He then immediately continued, “On the other hand, it is also undeniable that the Palestinian people -- Muslims and Christians -- have suffered in pursuit of a homeland. For more than 60 years they've endured the pain of dislocation. Many wait in refugee camps in the West Bank, Gaza, and neighboring lands for a life of peace and security that they have never been able to lead. They endure the daily humiliations -- large and small -- that come with occupation.”

Many Jewish spokesmen also criticized President Obama for simply stating that Jews were “killed” in the Holocaust and for not recalling the routine extermination in death marches where Jews died of starvation, gas chambers and daily shootings.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama equates the Holocaust with American Slavery
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:01:40 AM »
It's interesting that Obama feels that he should dictate how slavery is taught in schools.
In essence, he wants to teach slavery in a way that it rewrites history.
And, it simply doesn't work like that.
History is to be studied and understood; not to be rewritten to satisfy someone's opinion of it.

Throughout my JR High School and High School years, I studied slavery in America in my history classes.
And, I learned as did my fellow peers that Africans were sold by their own families and ancestors as slaves off the different ports of Africa.

Now, it's as if Obama wants to project what he believes the truth about slavery to be on others.

History simply doesn't work like that, history is based on truth and factual incidents.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:54:16 AM »
There Obama goes again...something that sounds like it makes sense until you think about it for five seconds.  Jews have been enslaved and been through a Holocaust.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the Holocaust was considered worse because it involved the total elimination of the Jewish people in the most horrific ways.  We're also talking thousands of years ago, where the Egyptians actually acted better than the  20th century Germans...it's not saying much in either case.  Of course American slavery was a terrible thing but there is no comparison with exploitation and murder, torture and crulety of unimaginable depths.  Obama talking about Gaza in the same conversation makes me want to vomit. 

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:02:58 AM »
There Obama goes again...something that sounds like it makes sense until you think about it for five seconds.  Jews have been enslaved and been through a Holocaust.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the Holocaust was considered worse because it involved the total elimination of the Jewish people in the most horrific ways.  We're also talking thousands of years ago, where the Egyptians actually acted better than the  20th century Germans...it's not saying much in either case.  Of course American slavery was a terrible thing but there is no comparison with exploitation and murder, torture and crulety of unimaginable depths.  Obama talking about Gaza in the same conversation makes me want to vomit. 
I'm not sure that slavery was a terrible thing. I would call it enforced advancement. The slave collectors were anyway largely muslim arabs.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:44 AM »
I have some mixed feelings here. On the one hand I think it's idiotic to compare it to the Holocaust. On the other hand, I think we do have to acknowledge that a significant number of blacks did die on the ocean trip from Africa and were likely kept in horrific conditions. Female slaves were subject to rape, and families were sometimes broken apart by force. Once in their destinations, I think most slaves were treated decently. However, some were abused. This in no way compares to the Holocaust, but it's not very nice either.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:52:17 AM »
what's next? would he equate his lack of toilet paper to the Holocaust too?  >:(

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:38:43 AM »
Ape-@$$ slaves were treated very well, all the waddymelin and chitlinz they could eat.
The only similarity is that slaves were transported and the Jews were transported.

Jews were sent to die.
Negroids were sent to work.
Oh, I see, "work" to them is worst than death.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »
Ape-@$$ slaves were treated very well, all the waddymelin and chitlinz they could eat.
The only similarity is that slaves were transported and the Jews were transported.

Jews were sent to die.
Negroids were sent to work.
Oh, I see, "work" to them is worst than death.

There is some truth in this.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »
One thing Obama should think of is - he is NOT black, he is a "mulatto", half-black, half-white. Therefore, all his intents to bring compassion on himself are a failure, because he is playing with the feelings of blacks, plays their leader, while not being one of them himself.

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »
Slavery as a whole is morally wrong in my opinion.  However, slavery in America is a long and complex story with lots of bad and some ocassional good.  But to even think of comparing African slavery to the Holocaust is idiotic at best!

Blacks today--and all who claim to be--are the great beneficiary of slavery.  They have this "civil rights" shield that works in their favor 99.9% of the time; they get preferential treatment in everything and still they say "you owe me".

The chosen people of all generations have suffered a kind persecution that most, including myself, could never imagine.

I could rant all day but the bottom line is blacks will cling to anything except truth and responsibility, and when faced with such all they need do is yell "that's racist!"

Last time I checked slavery still exists in Africa.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:36 PM »
One thing Obama should think of is - he is NOT black, he is a "mulatto", half-black, half-white.

Not only that, he is not a descendent of slaves!

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 12:59:10 PM »
Holocaust was much more sinister. But slavery was also sick in my opinion. Blacks had to live and be viewed as animals, even when set free. Imagine having to walk 5 miles to drink a glass of water at a restaurant or toilet that allowed you.

I'm against opression of any organism.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
Holocaust was much more sinister. But slavery was also sick in my opinion. Blacks had to live and be viewed as animals, even when set free. Imagine having to walk 5 miles to drink a glass of water at a restaurant or toilet that allowed you.

I'm against opression of any organism.

It was a big historical mistake to bring blacks into the US. Now we are stuck with them. But what is Europe's excuse? They didn't have slavery, and still Europe is today overrun by blacks.

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:10:12 PM »

Blacks today--and all who claim to be--are the great beneficiary of slavery.  They have this "civil rights" shield that works in their favor 99.9% of the time; they get preferential treatment in everything and still they say "you owe me".

I could rant all day but the bottom line is blacks will cling to anything except truth and responsibility, and when faced with such all they need do is yell "that's racist!"

Last time I checked slavery still exists in Africa.

I agree with everything you said. Even tho I'm always first to defend them, what annoys me is their idea of problem solving. They were supposedly stripped of their culture so they steal one. Their ancestors were wronged, so they blame whitey, even tho most whites suffered similar racism (Irish for example).

Something that made me very angry at them lately is this;

Jews basically made them, we supported them in civil rights and let them into the entertainment industry (the only way they can make it out of their self-made ghettos). So how do they thank us? blame Jews of monopolizing of them and destroying their community by allowing them to make millions of their (c)rap music. I thought Europeans were paranoid when they talked about blacks playing the victim, but now I agree.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
I think Obama will equate the lack of Black Presidents to the Holocaust next. What is next only this fool know what is next. Yimach Shemo to him
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Yonah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »
Obama should compare that 300 year old slave dungeon to the homes the slaves occupied before the war. Then maybe he can visit Buchenwald again and compare it to the homes Jews used to occupy in nearby Erfurt.
Obama must use a magic 8-ball, because if he were flipping a coin he'd be right about half of the time.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »
It's interesting that Obama feels that he should dictate how slavery is taught in schools.
In essence, he wants to teach slavery in a way that it rewrites history.
And, it simply doesn't work like that.
History is to be studied and understood; not to be rewritten to satisfy someone's opinion of it.

Throughout my JR High School and High School years, I studied slavery in America in my history classes.
And, I learned as did my fellow peers that Africans were sold by their own families and ancestors as slaves off the different ports of Africa.

Now, it's as if Obama wants to project what he believes the truth about slavery to be on others.

History simply doesn't work like that, history is based on truth and factual incidents.

Hi ag337, obama also left out the fact that the black muslims in Africa are the one who sold the black man into slavery to begin with.
It wouldn't be convenient for obama to mention that!

Shalom - Dox

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »
Elizabeth,

That is exactly my point.
Obama wants to rewrite history as he sees fit.

And, it is even more absurd, that he is half-white who has had the luxury of education through Affirmative Action allowing him to study in Harvard.
And, let us not forget about his comments on the campaign trail about only liking Whole Foods Market and having Grey Popoun Mustard on his burgers.

Can we all say elitist???
What a joke.
Only when it is convenient for him he assimilates himself to the average Black Race, otherwise, he prefers to assimilate to the White Race.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
Obama is a schmuck.  How did slavery ever effect him?  He got to use affirmative action to get a education and become president.  Tell the lazy bums with missing teeth and Debbie Cake enhanced rear ends to get off the couch, go back to school, and drop the crap how slavery holds black America down.

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »
One thing Obama should think of is - he is NOT black, he is a "mulatto", half-black, half-white.

Not only that, he is not a descendent of slaves!

Exactly.
As far as I know, his ancestors weren't even in America during the slavery period.
He's practically a newcomer.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 05:27:22 AM »
I'm not sure that slavery was a terrible thing. I would call it enforced advancement. The slave collectors were anyway largely muslim arabs.

You're right that the Arabs were involved in the slave trade way before Europe as were the slaves' fellow Africans.  I think it was bad for the people involved and besides some work getting done, I don't think it was worth it for whites or blacks in the long run.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »
without slavery blacks in this country wouldn't have anything. and they know this. we gave them the church and if they could get reparation checks they would.