Author Topic: Who is a Jew? - Some insight from Rebbetzen Chana Bracha Siegelbaum  (Read 19451 times)

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
Re: Who is a Jew? - Some insight from Rebbetzen Chana Bracha Siegelbaum
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »
If you read the post I responded to, he commented that people "Have their own egos."

What he's accusing us of, those who argue against his interpretation of history, is Jealousy.  And I'm telling him that if I wanted to be accepted as a Jew, I could convert and would be accepted.  The reason I don't is because I'm an atheist.  But I politically support JTF's aims.

I'm also saying that even if the law changed, because I have a father with a Jewish mother, either way I'm not a Jew.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 12:50:25 PM »
                                                                      בס"ד

If you read the post I responded to, he commented that people "Have their own egos."

What he's accusing us of, those who argue against his interpretation of history, is Jealousy.  And I'm telling him that if I wanted to be accepted as a Jew, I could convert and would be accepted.  The reason I don't is because I'm an atheist.  But I politically support JTF's aims.

I'm also saying that even if the law changed, because I have a father with a Jewish mother, either way I'm not a Jew.

If you studied Torah, and realized that G-D does exist (for your case) you would be jealous (if you're an anti-Semite or anything like that, twisting Torah and selectively so-called relying on Jewish principles like the Christians and Muslims did - Me'Chadshei Dat, etc). But anyway Gentiles can be jealous and they don't have to be Jewish in order to have a place in the world to come, they can just be good people (according to G-D, not according to our limited minds) and keep the Noahide Mitzvoht.

Now, about the law, yes, you are not Jewish, you'd become Jewish only if you'll go convert (if you'll convert), but according to the law of return, you are Jewish, but the law of return or any other law besides Torah law doesn't have the right to define who's Jewish and who isn't.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 01:12:26 PM »
The law of return doesn't recognize someone with a Jewish father or grandfather as a Jew, it simply give such person the right to become a naturalized citizen of Israel. The chief rabbinate is supposed to be the decider as to who is a Jew, BUT the bolshevic supreme court is trying to intervene so that for example a person who "converted" to reform Judaism, should be registered as a Jew in Israel.