Author Topic: Superstition kills again a baby  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Superstition kills again a baby
« on: July 27, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
Otty Sanchez, Baby Beheading: Devil Made Mom Kill Her Baby

Otty Sanchez killed her almost 4-week-old baby by stabbing, mutilating and beheading him. She told police that the devil made her kill her baby. She said the baby beheading was the result of hearing voices that told her to do it.

Otty Sanchez is 33-years-old and lives in San Antonio, Texas in a very modest home with her sister and her sister’s two young children. Their mother lives in a small structure behind the house. On June 30, 2009, Otty gave birth to a baby boy she named Scott Wesley Buchholtz Sanchez. In the early morning hours of Sunday, July 26, 2009, the San Antonio police were called to the Sanchez home and made a grizzly discovery.

Police describe the scene as one of the most gruesome they had ever seen. When they arrived at the home, Otty Sanchez was sitting on the couch, crying and screaming that she had killed her baby and wanted to die. She had stabbed herself several times in the abdomen and chest in an apparent attempt to kill herself. The worst was yet to come. They found her 3 1/2 week old infant baby son on a bed in a pool of blood, decapitated. Apparently, Otty’s mother had been awakened during the night, about 4:30 am, by her daughter’s screams. She saw Sanchez holding the baby and that the baby had been beheaded. She took the baby’s body from Sanchez, put him on the bed and called the police.

A knife was found next to the baby’s body and is thought to have been the weapon used to kill and mutilate him. There were also swords in the house, although police report that they don’t believe they were used in the crime. The baby’s body was missing body parts. Police report that Sanchez indicated she had ingested the missing body parts, but that’s yet to be verified.

The other young children in the home were found unharmed and have been taken into child protective services pending further investigation.

Sanchez has not been known to have a criminal history. The only police record she has is from May 2008, when her mother called police to report her missing. At that time, the mother reported she thought she had gone to Austin, Texas to get drugs. Otherwise, there has been no known history of criminal activity or mental issues.

Sanchez was taken to the hospital for treatment of her self inflicted knife wounds. She’s in stable condition and none of the wounds are life threatening. She was charged by proxy with capital murder and is held on $1 million bond. If convicted, she could face the death penalty.

Source with video stream about this issue: http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=660
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Superstition kills again a baby
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
This is very common very similar to qurananimals
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
Demons like her deserve death by execution!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
Funny thing is that we don't believe in the devil... She killed her baby herself... Or maybe she is blaming her own demons, her yetzer hara... Either way the death was brought about by her hands, she is a murderer.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
Funny thing is that we don't believe in the devil... She killed her baby herself... Or maybe she is blaming her own demons, her yetzer hara... Either way the death was brought about by her hands, she is a murderer.

I am no Jew, you know. But I fully agree with you on this issue.

Hypothetical if demons would advise you to do something like this, they cannot force you to do it.

And nothing in this world happens without His agreement.

I read the book of Hiob and it makes it very clear.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »

I am no Jew, you know. But I fully agree with you on this issue.

Hypothetical if demons would advise you to do something like this, they cannot force you to do it.

And nothing in this world happens without His agreement.

I read the book of Hiob and it makes it very clear.

Yes, Job is the prototype of our understanding of Satans relationship to Hashem and Man... We have discussed the nature of Satan here many times...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
I think this was a severe case of post-partum depression and hormonally driven, it could have awakened a pre-existing genetic tendency toward schizophrenia as well. Women of child bearing age are just about the right age for schizophrenia symptoms to start emerging. I think if this is due to a mental illness then we shouldn't hate this woman but take pity on her and her baby. Maybe she can get treatment but even if she returns to normal function, she will always have to live with the personal horror of what she did to her baby and society's condemnation. I hope that she can get the help she needs and that she'll be separated from society so that she can't harm others.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »
I think this was a severe case of post-partum depression and hormonally driven, it could have awakened a pre-existing genetic tendency toward schizophrenia as well. Women of child bearing age are just about the right age for schizophrenia symptoms to start emerging. I think if this is due to a mental illness then we shouldn't hate this woman but take pity on her and her baby. Maybe she can get treatment but even if she returns to normal function, she will always have to live with the personal horror of what she did to her baby and society's condemnation. I hope that she can get the help she needs and that she'll be separated from society so that she can't harm others.

Whatever the excuse it is still evil. People who are not able to control their actions should be removed from society so that they do not damage others. Regardless of the 'scientific' explanation the question still remains? Why did an innocent baby have to die? It is evil whether the mother is crazy or not... Being crazy is not an excuse for not being evil... maybe hitler was really crazy... Like whacked out!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »

Whatever the excuse it is still evil. People who are not able to control their actions should be removed from society so that they do not damage others. Regardless of the 'scientific' explanation the question still remains? Why did an innocent baby have to die? It is evil whether the mother is crazy or not... Being crazy is not an excuse for not being evil... maybe hitler was really crazy... Like whacked out!

Valid and good points.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
I thought that Jews do believe in the devil, they just believe that he is an agent/prosecutor of G-d and does not do his own individual evil acts of his own free will.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
Believe it or not I actually think that this insane, evil woman might well have actually been commanded to do this by satan.

It doesn't matter. Schizophrenic, demon-possessed, or not, she is a menace to society and must be purged from us.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »
I thought that Jews do believe in the devil, they just believe that he is an agent/prosecutor of G-d and does not do his own individual evil acts of his own free will.

We don't believe in a Devil... We do believe in an angel which is tasked with tempting and trying to lead people astray. Yet freewill is always in the hands of the person. We all struggle with a part of Satan which is embedded within us, the Yetzer Hara {Evil inclination}. Satan is simply the prosecutor who, at the holy tribunal, presents to Hashem all the sins which we did in our life. Of course we have a counseling angel {Michael} who will present our mitzvahs and argue that we should receive mercy.

Satan has no power outside what Hashem grants him. There is no such thing as an angel who goes against Hashems wishes.

Satan is not evil... Everything is from Hashem, both 'good' and 'evil'...

http://www.chabad.org/search/keyword_cdo/kid/12400/jewish/Satan.htm

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/512017/jewish/Is-there-any-sort-of-Purgatory-or-Satan-in-Jewish-teachings.htm

b) According to Torah, no spiritual force opposes G‑d. This includes Satan, who is a spiritual entity that faithfully carries out its divinely assigned task of trying to seduce people to stumble. Satan is also identified with the Prosecutor above -- that's what the word Satan itself means: it's just Hebrew for prosecutor -- who levels charges against the guilty party who succumbs to its wily arguments. Look in the beginning chapter of the Book of Job and you'll see that clearly.

In fact, the Talmud says, all that Satan does, he does for the sake of heaven. Without him, the defense attorney wouldn't bother to dig up all the merits of the defense. And the defense would have to try so hard to give himself more merits.

So you see that really nothing happens in the entire world without G-d approving. That's why we Jews have so many complaints to him that we need to talk to him three times a day. The buck really stops at His office.

Finally, when the Divine Court decides that someone, G‑d forbid, deserves to die, then Satan is dispatched from Above to carry out the sentence.3

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Satan has no power outside what Hashem grants him. There is no such thing as an angel who goes against Hashems wishes.
Ultimately we Christians do agree with this. We are not dualists; the devil is not nearly as powerful as G-d and is only able to do what G-d allows him to. He allows the devil to tempt mankind and sow evil for a while as a test to mankind, not because He has to humor him.

Satan is not evil... Everything is from Hashem, both 'good' and 'evil'...
The real difference on this topic is that Christianity believes that all intelligent beings G-d created have been given free will, not just man. In regards to this topic it does not matter--I am open to the possibility of this woman being truly demon-possessed, but that hardly makes her innocent. This wetback sow should fry.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
The person is mentally ill and should be put away for the rest of her life. Mental illness is so unpredictable at times that people who are suffering from it do and say things that would make them seem possessed. This woman is mentally sick nothing more nothing less. It's sad that the people around her didn't see she was going bad and try to keep her from harming the child.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »
I have had some experience with mental health issues and it is important to keep on top of it. If a family knows that a member suffers from schizophrenia they should ensure that the person is kept away from harming anyone, or themselves.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »

I don't believe that Hitler was crazy. I believe he was very deliberately evil. It's not an excuse if the woman truly couldn't control herself. I do agree that she should be separated from society though, which I said earlier.

Sometimes when a woman gives birth the hormonal changes and emotional stress and other factors can allow someone who has a predisposition to a disease like schizophrenia to have it emerge, combined with severe post-partum issues.

It's horrible that this baby is dead and that's not fair. It's also something that the mother will have to live with for the rest of her life knowing what she did to her own baby.