Author Topic: White House: 'War on terrorism' is over  (Read 1418 times)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
White House: 'War on terrorism' is over
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:12:59 AM »
What fools to think this! 
+++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/06/white-house-war-terrorism-over/

White House: 'War on terrorism' is over
'Jihadists' and 'global war' no longer acceptable terms

By Jon Ward and Eli Lake WASHINGTON TIMES

Originally published 12:34 p.m., August 6, 2009, updated 06:19 p.m., August 6, 2009

It's official. The U.S. is no longer engaged in a "war on terrorism." Neither is it fighting "jihadists" or in a "global war."

President Obama's top homeland security and counterterrorism official took all three terms off the table of acceptable words inside the White House during a speech Thursday at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank.

"The President does not describe this as a 'war on terrorism,'" said John Brennan, head of the White House homeland security office, who outlined a "new way of seeing" the fight against terrorism.

The only terminology that Mr. Brennan said the administration is using is that the U.S. is "at war with al Qaeda."

"We are at war with al Qaeda," he said. "We are at war with its violent extremist allies who seek to carry on al Qaeda's murderous agenda."

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in March that the administration was not using the term "war on terror" but no specific directive had come from the White House itself. Mr. Obama himself used the term "war on terror" on Jan. 23, his fourth day as president, but has not used it since.

Mr. Brennan's speech was aimed at outlining ways in which the Obama administration intends to undermine the "upstream" factors that create an environment in which terrorists are bred.

The president's adviser talked about increasing aid to foreign governments for building up their militaries and social and democratic institutions, but provided few details about how the White House will do that.

He was specific about ways in which Mr. Obama believes words influence the way America prosecutes the fight against terrorism.

Mr. Brennan said that to say the U.S. is fighting "jihadists" is wrongheaded because it is using "a legitimate term, 'jihad,' meaning to purify oneself or to wage a holy struggle for a moral goal" which "risks giving these murderers the religious legitimacy they desperately seek but in no way deserve."

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: White House: 'War on terrorism' is over
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »
LOL

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:59:13 AM »
בס"ד
USA can stop fighting terrorism but terrosim won't stop fighting USA dammit ???

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:07:16 AM »
'War on terrorism' is over.

Does it mean "long live terrorism"?
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:11:51 AM »
 :dance:  Wow, I feel better now.  I feel so safe, that because the administration says its over, it must be so.  I admit, I drank the koolaid, turned off my brain, and I am a believer now.   :P  Now if you believe this, I have swampland in Florida I can sell you sight unseen.

Now if someone would only tell the Muslims the war on terror is over, we might actually have something.  Dear G-d deliver us from such fools as these.  Please ???.

The most disturbing thing to me is that people hear something, anything from this administration and somehow believe it.  Which is unbelievable in and of itself.  Today Bernanke says the recession is over.  Tell that to the 1/2 million people who lost jobs last month.  Let them know it is over.   :o

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »
Tell that to the Israelis.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 10:24:36 AM »
(War on Terrorism is over) at the white house running the country
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:29:20 AM »
It's over because the terrorist himself is in the White House!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
War on terrorism was inself an extremely moronic term. It is not a big deal that they stopped using it.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 11:41:53 AM »
I think we should be fighting an all-out war on Islam...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »
I say we kick John Brennan the hell out of his office and replace him with Tempe Brennan. Yeah, she is also leftwing, but she does not mess around, is capable of understanding facts at face value, and does not mess around with evil people! Oh, and unlike John, she's hot! ;D

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »
Come on, even War on Terror is a politically correct term! We're fighting against Islam, Mohammed's death cult!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »
War on terrorism was inself an extremely moronic term. It is not a big deal that they stopped using it.

Right. It should be War on Islam.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 07:51:21 AM »

Right. It should be War on Islam.

It is war on Islam but it would be to "racist" if the news would openly say it. So it's called war on Terror. We all know who the Terrorists are! Muslims.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »

Excellent quote.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »

Excellent quote.

Thank you