Author Topic: All Jews should bodybuild.  (Read 10984 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: All Jews should bodybuild.
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 12:45:56 PM »
You know that Pilates workouts that have been out for awhile now? The exercises in there are actually the SAME exercises they give you in physical therapy. The Pilates person (I think his last name was even Pilates) who invented the exercises (over in Europe somewhere, I did research about him) actually invented these exercises and got people who were BED RIDDEN out of bed and up and moving again after they begain doing these exercises.  :clap:

I'm a 50 yr old woman, used to be quite heavy, lost a lot of weight about 10 yrs ago through permanently changing my diet to smaller portions, 5-6 smaller meals each day, and daily aerobic exercise (60 mins a day).

A few yrs ago, the fat loss stopped, and I feel as if I gained some back..even though I never stopped eating right and doing daily aerobic exercise.

I did some strength training in the first few yrs of my lifestyle change, until I damaged my shoulder with it, and decided to stop. I'd like to get back into it, mostly to tone up my arms, thighs and midsection, but I don't know what or how much to do, considering my age and shoulder injury.

I've also had very good results with nagging injuries using nothing more than physical therapy. You may want to look at that if your injury isn't severe and you haven't already.
I'm a 50 yr old woman, used to be quite heavy, lost a lot of weight about 10 yrs ago through permanently changing my diet to smaller portions, 5-6 smaller meals each day, and daily aerobic exercise (60 mins a day).

A few yrs ago, the fat loss stopped, and I feel as if I gained some back..even though I never stopped eating right and doing daily aerobic exercise.

I did some strength training in the first few yrs of my lifestyle change, until I damaged my shoulder with it, and decided to stop. I'd like to get back into it, mostly to tone up my arms, thighs and midsection, but I don't know what or how much to do, considering my age and shoulder injury.

I've also had very good results with nagging injuries using nothing more than physical therapy. You may want to look at that if your injury isn't severe and you haven't already.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
I am a black belt in judo and red with black stripe in tae kwon do. I've done jiu jitsu too. I have not done martial arts in the last 6 years but I think in the next few months  I am going to take krav maga. I work out and do physical activities about 6 times a week and I feel great. All Jews and righteous Gentiles should too. I have a very good video of Bas Rutten street fighting method - very, very effective! Here is a sample of what is there:

I have a full version (over 1 hour), if anyone is interested, I can probably put it on rapidshare.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 01:31:13 PM »
If one does not have a marital arts background, I would suggest Krav Maga.

I truly believe that a person properly trained in Krav Maga is more proficient at hand-to-hand combat than any other martial art.  I have seen it first hand on numerous occasions. 

When I was in Israel,  I saw a friend of mine disarm two knife-wielding attackers without a tinge of fear or hesitance, before I even knew what was going on.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 01:36:57 PM »
Take my advice on training.  I know what I am talking about cause i am 5 times a week at gyms.  And if people can't afford weights or the gym is too costly or you don't have time, you can use anything as a weight.  Use 2 heavy phonebooks to do curls for bicep or triceps.  Use canned veggies they do form a weight.  

That is me ^^^^... if any of you guys or gals need advice on certain trainings.  Please don't hesitate.  I want you all ready and fit, and I want that you are able to defend yourself.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 01:38:45 PM »
Take that picture down, you're scaring everybody.   :laugh: j/k

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »
Take my advice on training.  I know what I am talking about cause i am 5 times a week at gyms.  And if people can't afford weights or the gym is too costly or you don't have time, you can use anything as a weight.  Use 2 heavy phonebooks to do curls for bicep or triceps.  Use canned veggies they do form a weight.  

That is me ^^^^... if any of you guys or gals need advice on certain trainings.  Please don't hesitate.  I want you all ready and fit, and I want that you are able to defend yourself.
How do you block the face
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
If i send you my photo can you block my face
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 01:43:43 PM »
sure send it, paint croping.. pm me with your address
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 01:58:41 PM »

Great form and physic! I wish I could be a ripped - but, sometimes, I love that Pizza with a night movie!  ;D I am very proud of you, bro!  :clap:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
You can still eat pizza and body build. Pizza is very good for you actually, you can put lots of different things on the toppings...I read an article in a body building magazine about it once....alot of carbs and then protein, etc.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 06:41:46 PM »

Nice. What routine have you been using recently?

And do you recommend taking Creatine?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »
What do you guys think of Powerade?  Is it really good for during/postworkout nutrition, better than just water, or is it just a gimmick?

Anyway, either way, if you do lift, be sure to drink plenty of water during and after.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 09:42:34 PM »
What do you guys think of Powerade?  Is it really good for during/postworkout nutrition, better than just water, or is it just a gimmick?

Anyway, either way, if you do lift, be sure to drink plenty of water during and after.
Cup of coffee, a banana and a gallon of water prior/during your workout and a nice steak dinner after...  ;-)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »
Take my advice on training.  I know what I am talking about cause i am 5 times a week at gyms.  And if people can't afford weights or the gym is too costly or you don't have time, you can use anything as a weight.  Use 2 heavy phone books to do curls for bicep or triceps.  Use canned veggies they do form a weight.  

Do you live in Toronto by any chance?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 09:45:43 PM »
Take my advice on training.  I know what I am talking about cause i am 5 times a week at gyms.  And if people can't afford weights or the gym is too costly or you don't have time, you can use anything as a weight.  Use 2 heavy phone books to do curls for bicep or triceps.  Use canned veggies they do form a weight.  

crap that sounded gay. I meant for personal training reasons.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
What about pizza? I honestly, read an article about that once...

Cup of coffee, a banana and a gallon of water prior/during your workout and a nice steak dinner after...  ;-)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »

:)

actually caffeine will dilute the urine and cause you to lose more water, so that is counterproductive.   But it may be that the caffeine rush (it is a stimulant) gives you better strength in the workout.   Is that what you mean?    I usually like to stay away from all supplements and all drugs including caffeine.

Moshe92

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »
Running is also a great exercise. I run every day except for shabbat. I run a 4:55 mile and a 17:59 5K.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »
Running is also a great exercise. I run every day except for shabbat. I run a 4:55 mile and a 17:59 5K.

Wow, that's a very good time. 

Moshe92

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »

Wow, that's a very good time. 

Thanks. There's another kid at my school (who's also Jewish) who ran a 4:31 mile last spring as a 10th grader.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 02:25:09 PM »

Homo! Suuuuuuure you meant for "personal training reasons" suuuuure. :laugh:

Just kidding.  :::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »

Homo! Suuuuuuure you meant for "personal training reasons" suuuuure. :laugh:

Just kidding.  :::D

U GOT ME! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
Masterwolf will color in my head so i can post my photo when he's here

Shot at 2010-01-03