Author Topic: Are Americans thinking like Hindus?  (Read 13257 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Are Americans thinking like Hindus?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »
Do Hindus worship Vishnu or Ganesh?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 10:46:32 PM »
Vishnu and Ganesh are two different faces of Brahm and they are worshipped and reverenced at specific times. Everything is Brahm, and Brahm is everything.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 10:57:15 PM »
Vishnu and Ganesh are two different faces of Brahm and they are worshipped and reverenced at specific times. Everything is Brahm, and Brahm is everything.

I would ask that we refrain from using names of foreign gods. Hashem is a jealous G-d and he commanded Jews to never utter their names.

You shall have no other gods before Me: do not make a graven image for yourself, nor any manner of likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; do not bow down to them nor serve them, for I the Lord your G-d am a jealous G-d, visiting the iniquity of the parents upon the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me, and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments.

Exodus 23

12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest; that thine ox and thine ass may have rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed. 
13 And in all things that I have said unto you take ye heed; and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth. 
14 Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto Me in the year.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:02:20 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 11:06:57 PM »
We are having a discussion about Hinduism. I never said we should worship those gds.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
We are having a discussion about Hinduism. I never said we should worship those gds.

The issue is that a Jew should never mention the name of these... Should a Jew read this and say it, you have led him to sin...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »
I can't comment on that. You should ask Chaim on that one. Chaim has said Allah before though, so I assume it isn't wrong unless you mean to worship that devil.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »
I can't comment on that. You should ask Chaim on that one. Chaim has said Allah before though, so I assume it isn't wrong unless you mean to worship that devil.

I don't know about Allah... I have heard it said that that Islam is considered monotheistic and therefore a Jew is allowed to visit a mosque, but not to visit a church... As we discussed last year it is an issue of halacha... I don't think that allah is a name of Hashem, but I don't know if it is considered a foreign deity...

In Torah the major 'Avodah Zarah' is Baal... Baal was a vile idol who was worshiped in the most disgusting fashion...

According to Mechon Mamre:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/gentiles.htm

While it is recognized that Moslems worship the same God that we do (though calling him Allah, He is the same God of Israel), even those who follow the tenets of their religion cannot be considered righteous in the eyes of God, because they do not accept that the Written Torah in the hands of the Jews today is the original Torah handed down by God and they do not accept the Seven Laws of Noah as binding on them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:24:31 PM by muman613 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 11:16:09 PM »
I would call Allah a pretty vile idol. Chaim says that Jews are not allowed to visit mosques.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:49 PM »
I would call Allah a pretty vile idol. Chaim says that Jews are not allowed to visit mosques.

This is the question which was posed to Rabbi at Yeshiva.org.il :

http://www.yeshiva.org.il/ask/eng/default.aspx?cat=489
Question:
I recently saw a rpely to a question stating that a Jew is not permitted to enter a Christian place of worship because the Rambam stated that Christianity is considered idolatry(which is quite obvious since they have images of dead men, crucifixes,etc). But also, I read one response that says that Islam is not considered idolatry, simply that a Qur’an is considered a collection of falsehood and lies. Now, my question is, can a Jew enter a mosque for any reason whatsoever, since allah is not the G-D of Israel, but in fact the name came from a Meccan moon G-d(they still claim he is our G-D, though)? What about a Baha’i or Sikh house of worship,since they,as well as Muslims,are forbidden to make images?

Answer:
Entering a Moslem mosque is subject to dispute.
The Tzitz Eliezer (14, 91) prohibits like any other idol worshiping place and most other opinions allow (Yabia Omer 7 YD 12)
For the other religions, I don't know what they believe in or how their temples operate but I assume they are also a form of idol worshiping and as such, entry to their temples is strictly prohibited.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »
Allah is a deity that is the polar opposite of our G-d. If he is based on lies, he is a false god.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »
Everyone here knows that I personally hate Islam and all it represents... What I am quoting is Jewish halacha {law}...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 11:37:20 PM »
I just hope Americans don't start thinking gau jal is a tasty refreshment. If that happens, the transition to third world banana republic will be complete.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 11:38:05 PM »
I just hope Americans don't start thinking gau jal is a tasty refreshment. If that happens, the transition to third world banana republic will be complete.

I have no idea what that is? Could you please elaborate?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »

It's the unique new drink from the Hindu nationalist community that's supposed to compete with coke and pepsi.
The can will probably look something like this:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »

It's the unique new drink from the Hindu nationalist community that's supposed to compete with coke and pepsi.

Oy Vey!

I don't think anything can touch my desire for Coke.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »

Oy Vey!

I don't think anything can touch my desire for Coke.

Be glad you're Jewish and not in the RSS. lol

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »
Everyone here knows that I personally hate Islam and all it represents... What I am quoting is Jewish halacha {law}...
Chaim has said that it is permitted to pretend to convert to Islam to save your life, but not to enter a mosque for any other reason.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:07 PM »
Chaim has said that it is permitted to pretend to convert to Islam to save your life, but not to enter a mosque for any other reason.

Do you know the source {other than Chaim} for this? I have quoted two sources and there are many others which explain this Halacha...

Chabads Rabbi:

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/255,2400/Am-I-allowed-to-enter-a-church-or-mosque.html

Entering a mosque does not pose a problem, since Islam is based on a belief in the one-and-only G-d.

The Halachas of Entering a Mosque
http://torahmedia.com/search/fileinfo.php?sid=eogb81kro8r29ro&cid=&directlink=23757&frompage=

Orthodox Union mentions Rav Yosefs answer on this question:

http://www.ou.org/torah/dafyomi/5763/032103.htm
Accordingly, in one of his Responsa, Rabbi Ovadiah Yosef points out that a Jew may visit a mosque. Indeed, religious Jews of Kiriat Arba conduct Jewish prayer services in the designated Jewish synagogue located in the mosque of the Machpelah cave. For the same reason, in order to ease the difficulties caused by the Shemittah year, the Israeli Rabbinate has ruled that real estate in Israel can be temporarily sold to Arabs without violating the Torah prohibition against selling land to idolaters, "Lo Techanem."

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 12:00:32 AM »
Those are two opinions... I still don't get how they don't consider Allah to be an idol. That "deity" bears no relationship with the G-d of Scripture.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 12:00:48 AM »
To me there is no difference between those gods and bugs bunny.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 12:01:24 AM »

Very good answer!

Wait... I hear there is a cult of Bugs Bunny... Ohhh Ohhh!!!!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »

Very good answer!

Actually Bugs Bunny has much more significance to me. My bad.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
Those are two opinions... I still don't get how they don't consider Allah to be an idol. That "deity" bears no relationship with the G-d of Scripture.

Well, in my experience, I fully agree with you...

Hashem tells the Jewish nation to choose life, and the Islamic nation to choose death, to kill, to steal, to plunder...

The Jewish nation is the blessing, the Islamic nation is the curse...

I fully agree with that idea... But there is something the early sages found in it to mostly agree that it is monotheistic.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »
Allah is not God. There was this guy on Pal Talk who had a great idea. He named his female dog Allah so that Allah would be his.. well, you know.  :laugh:

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist