Author Topic: "We are the people of cleanest 'backsides' and dirtiest cheeks"  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
There was a certain group of Serbs who talked to one old and honest Muslim in Bosnia.After Serbs started to be politically correct and praised Muslims before him how Bosniaks still respect their old Muslim traditions etc,old man reacted and said something like this:"You know nothing.We are the people of cleanest arses and dirtiest cheeks on the Earth", referring to their known strict special treatment of backside( :)) like something that shows how their body is clean,but their cheek on the face is dirty referring to the dirt of their souls.

That occurred before the war in `80s.

Now,I don't want to say that every Muslim man in Bosnia is bad or something like that - no.But,just to show that there were people among Muslims who knew who they are(islamized Serbs) and how they were acting badly to that known fact - with ignorance,denial,refusal to accept who they are and constant maintenance of hostility to their brothers Serbs.

So,what do you think about that?

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
Re: "We are the people of cleanest 'backsides' and dirtiest cheeks"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »
Known Muslim writer Mesha Selimovic who declared him self as a (Bosnian)Serb of Muslim faith said like this who are "Bosniaks" in his "Death and the Dervish" masterpiece.

" We are no one's, always at a boundary, always someone’s dowry. Is it a wonder then that we are poor? For centuries now we have been seeking our true selves, yet soon we will not know who we are, we will forget that we ever wanted anything; others do us the honour of calling us under their banner for we have none, they lure us when we are needed and discard us when we have outserved the purpose they gave us. We remain the saddest little district of the world, the most miserable people of the world, losing our own persona and nor being able to take on anyone else's, torn away and not accepted, alien to all and everyone, including those with whom we are most closely related, but who will not recognise us as their kin. We live on a divide between worlds, at the border between nations, always at a fault to someone and first to be struck. Waves of history strike us as a sea cliff. Crude force has worn us out and we made a virtue out of a necessity: we grew smart out of spite.

So what are we? Fools? Miserable wretches? The most complex people in the world. No one is such a joke of history as we are. Only yesterday we were something that we now wish to forget, yet we have become nothing else. We stopped half way through, flabbergasted. There is no place we can go to any more. We are torn off, but not accepted. As a dead-end branch that streamed away from mother river has neither flow, nor confluence it can rejoin, we are too small to be a lake, too big to be sapped by the earth. With an unclear feeling of shame about our ancestry and guilt about our renegade status, we do not want to look into the past, but there is no future to look into; we therefore try to stop the time, terrified with the prospect of whatever solution might come about. Both our brethren and the newcomers despise us, and we defend ourselves with our pride and our hatred. We wanted to preserve ourselves, and that is exactly how we lost the knowledge of our identity. The greatest misery is that we grew fond of this dead end we are mired in and do not want to abandon it. But everything has a price and so does our love for what we are stuck with."

Offline Srdjan97

• Full JTFer
  • You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:22:09 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge he changed his faith into orthodox few years ago.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge he changed his faith into orthodox few years ago.
Not possible.He died in 1982.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me%C5%A1a_Selimovi%C4%87

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:56:29 PM »
 ;D

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
You're probably talking about Emir Kusturica. I think his name is Milan now.

Offline Srdjan97

• Full JTFer
  • You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »
Nah, not Emir, it's a writer I'm talking about, can't remember his name

Offline Nik_Srb

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:08:23 PM »
His name is Nemanja ^^