Author Topic: The first Allied victory in the World War I was won by the Serbs  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
The Battle of Cer also known as Battle of Jadar was one of the first battles of World War I, it also marked the first Allied victory in the war. The battle was fought between the Austro-Hungarian army and Serbian forces.

Dates: August 16 to August 19, 1914
Strength: Austro-Hungary 200.000, Serbia 180.000
Result: Decisive Serbian Victory

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cer

Long live heroic Serbian army! May the fallen rest in peace.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
Re: The first Allied victory in the World War I was won by the Serbs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
Let us never forget!
Modern-day Serbian youth should be better informed and more concerned about this great, glorious, but also hard and painful past.
We cannot expect others to love and respect our history and heritage if we don't do that ourselves.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:14:43 AM »
Is Serbian youth unaware of the past? I heard about the battle of Cer from RTS "Dnevnik" news, I believe many people watch this program, don't they?

BTW is RTS a reliable news agency? Are they left/right wing?
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 05:37:49 AM »
Is Serbian youth unaware of the past? I heard about the battle of Cer from RTS "Dnevnik" news, I believe many people watch this program, don't they?

BTW is RTS a reliable news agency? Are they left/right wing?
RTS is regime's(state's) radio and television.They are in full control of EU puppets in Belgrade.They are promoting EU all the time and they have some kind of quiz show for teenagers where kids from high schools are competing in knowledge about the EU.

RTS is garbage like all televisions with national frequency.They are all under control and works on brainwashing.
But,the information you've heard about the battle on Cer and start of the Great War is correct.

Serbian youth is not aware of the past in truthful way in most important things such as what was the communism,who created it and why it was implemented into our society.
Recently,one document was found from the year of 1935 and it was a mutual agreement between,in that time,forbidden Ustashe movement and Communists in Yugoslavia.It says on the end of the text that the final goal is complete destruction of everything which is Orthodox and Serbian.
They were banned in the kingdom and later the King was murdered by those who created Ustashes and Communists.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:44:08 AM by Kerber »

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 06:00:23 AM »
Kerber, what are the reliable Serbian sources of information?

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 06:19:05 AM »
Kerber, what are the reliable Serbian sources of information?
It depends of kind of information you would like to get.For political information majority of Serbian media cannot be trusted in complete.They are all on the side of the Government and their info-programs aren't reliable.

There are few media which aren't completely controlled like "Glas javnosti","Vecernje novosti","Press" and ultra anti-Gov daily paper "Kurir".Those kind of media ,especially Kurir,are the reason why the Government is bringing a new law about informing and informations which is going to be the most restrictive law in Europe.
Why?Because they don't want those kind of media to show how big the mafia is which controls the state.
(http://www.pressonline.rs/ , http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=2 , http://www.kurir-info.rs/)

This site http://www.srpskapolitika.com/ isn't bad.It's only an internet media.
Also,this internet news "paper" is good: http://www.novinar.de/

I'm not saying that you can't get the informations from the proregime's media,but their infos are biased.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:31:43 AM by Kerber »

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »
Serbia paid a heavy price in WWI. I believe we lost the most soldiers (vis a vis the total population) out of all the countries. There were three times as many women as men in Serbia following WWI. It's amazing what we've gone through as a people and the sacrifices we've made for the better of the world: Resisting the Ottoman Turks, WWI allies, WWII allies and fighting for our sovereignty and resisting Islamic rule during the Yugoslav Wars, only to get treated like trash in the end by the rest of the world.

Offline Srdjan97

• Full JTFer
  • You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 02:04:06 AM »
Yep it's true, we lost most soldiers if u consider the total population of the countries. I disagree with Kerber on the issue of RTS, at least in the period after Milosevic. Why wouldn't our kids be a part of a quiz which is only there to improve their knowledge is a good example?! Anyway, until they remove Tijanic (the head of RTS), we wont have to worry about the "truth" what really happens in Kosovo cause imho that's the only source that gives one.