Author Topic: Lenny Solomon  (Read 879 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Lenny Solomon
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:19:37 AM »
Not too sure if any of you heard of him. Lenny Solomon is the founder of the Jewish band called Shlock Rock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shlock_Rock   He's performed around the world over the last 25ish years and brought many people back to frumkeit with his music. My mother and I have known him since I was 3. He's an incredible musician and an exceptional human being. He currently resides in Beit Shemesh. Anyhow, he wrote a song a few years ago called (Ani Yehudi which is hebrew for I'm Jewish). I feel that there is so much animosity between the different sects of Judaism today, that we have to remember who our brothers and sisters are. The song is in Hebrew and it really gives off the impression of the importance of Achdus amongst Klal Yisroel. Remember, we need Moshiach now and the Torah says that we should 1) not hate another Jew in our heart 2) love a Jew like yourself 3) don't be quick to judge. I know I've said a lot of things that criticize non-religious Jews, but the point is Hashem created those neshamas as Yidden. Enjoy.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Lenny Solomon
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:24:59 AM »
I have a few Shlock Rock CDs... I have heard of Lenny Solomon and almost saw him one Purim he was performing in the area..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 02:28:29 AM »
I have a few Shlock Rock CDs... I have heard of Lenny Solomon and almost saw him one Purim he was performing in the area..

Good stuff?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 02:30:50 AM »

Good stuff?

Yes... But I am now on a Matisyahu kick once again... I just got his last CD in the mail last week and have it in my car CD player.

http://www.shlockrock.com/main.php?p=0&alb=2&polrt=1&polresrt=2
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »
How bout Shwekey? Im Eshkochech is a great song, as is Kol Sasson.