Author Topic: This movement  (Read 5061 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
This movement
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:41:55 PM »
I don't think you should be calling yourself "Kahanists".  You need to remember that you're Hebrews, who just consider him to have been a great leader.  But I don't think you should get to the point where you start worshiping Kahane.  I don't think he would have wanted that. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:52:38 PM by RationalThought110 »

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: This movement
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 12:44:28 AM »
He would not have wanted us to worship him chas v'shalom and the name kahanist was coined by the Israeli media. The truth is we are just following the Torah, but many people prefer to identify themselves with the label kahanist
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 01:31:49 AM »
A Kahanist is a torah following Jew, and a Jew who thinks that the land of Israel is for Jews, and for Jews only, and who has the proper view on the torah, and Jewish power.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:56:38 PM »
But aren't you to be considered a kahanist jew, which technically means you are a jew by all teachings and follow rabbi kahanes teachings as well.

I agree rationalthought110, it can come over gramatically as a form of religion itself but it is not intentionally so and because it isn't, people have come to know it as not being a sect that worships kahane but that follows in his footsteps and respects him sincerely.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:55:58 PM »
But aren't you to be considered a kahanist jew, which technically means you are a jew by all teachings and follow rabbi kahanes teachings as well.

I agree rationalthought110, it can come over gramatically as a form of religion itself but it is not intentionally so and because it isn't, people have come to know it as not being a sect that worships kahane but that follows in his footsteps and respects him sincerely.

Rather than "Kahanist Jew", if you want a classification, then "Torah Jews" would be better. 

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:06:22 PM »
I agree ;D
Ramban

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »
I think they are the same thing. A Kahanist Jew is a Torah Jew.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:36:50 AM »
But then again, there are so-called "Torah Jews" who are in favor of giving up land to the Arabs.  We wouldn't want to be lumped into that category.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 12:38:17 AM »
Then again, I dont consider them Torah Jews, just like some of them dont consider me a torah jew.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:14:52 AM »
But then again, there are so-called "Torah Jews" who are in favor of giving up land to the Arabs.  We wouldn't want to be lumped into that category.

Are you serious?  How could they call themselves Torah Jews and simultaneously advocate for such a policy? 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 01:16:12 AM »
Then again, I dont consider them Torah Jews, just like some of them dont consider me a torah jew.

Why don't they consider yourself to be a Torah Jew?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 01:43:31 AM »
There are some Jews who claim to follow the Torah and are also willing to surrender parts of Eretz Yisrael. They have various excuses, they generally focus on blatant misinterpretations of obscure rulings. Some argue since Mashiach hasnt come yet we cant have a State, the Satmars and their ilk. Others say we can have a state but we musnt offend the Goyim, like Rav Soloveitchik who in many ways was very wise but never shook the sick desire of German Jews for Goy approval.
Ramban

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 10:27:21 AM »
Are you serious?  How could they call themselves Torah Jews and simultaneously advocate for such a policy?

Rational Thought, I'll give you one example.  I have a brother in law who is rather observant.  On the other hand, he LOVES Yitzkhak Rabin, and thinks Rabbi Kahane is a religious fanatic.  He is also an Islamophile (the way some people are Francophiles or Anglophiles).  So needless to say, he is in favor of giving up land to the Arabs. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »
There are some Jews who claim to follow the Torah and are also willing to surrender parts of Eretz Yisrael. They have various excuses, they generally focus on blatant misinterpretations of obscure rulings. Some argue since Mashiach hasnt come yet we cant have a State, the Satmars and their ilk. Others say we can have a state but we musnt offend the Goyim, like Rav Soloveitchik who in many ways was very wise but never shook the sick desire of German Jews for Goy approval.

What's that crazy group that went to the Iran conference in the fall to deny the Holocaust?  The night before Pesach began, one of their synagogues was burnt down.  Maybe that should tell them to stop being against Israel and to stop supporting Iran.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
They are the Neturei Karta, they are a tiny group with very few followers and they are the most viciously anti-Israel Jewish group in existence. They have been excommunicated by all other religious Jews
Ramban

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
They are the Neturei Karta, they are a tiny group with very few followers and they are the most viciously anti-Israel Jewish group in existence. They have been excommunicated by all other religious Jews
Very pleasent, i'm sure. :o

A JEW is a JEW. You either practice or you don't. Whether a person can tell from your jewish category or not, people should still see what kind of jew you are from your behaviour, mannerisms and point of view.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
indeed they are Jewish but they have been excommunicated which means they dont count for a prayer quorum and Jews are forbidden to deal with them.
Ramban

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »
Very pleasent, i'm sure. :o

A JEW is a JEW. You either practice or you don't. Whether a person can tell from your jewish category or not, people should still see what kind of jew you are from your behaviour, mannerisms and point of view.

On another forum, someone quoted from a reform website that claims that movement cares about the Torah. 

I countered that post and said that the reform movement was only giving rhetoric to people who considered joining a reform synagogue.  After I mentioned that the actions of the reform movement--not the rhetoric of their website--represent their views, I was criticized by liberals.