Author Topic: Who is more powerful than HaShem  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
Who is more powerful than HaShem
« on: August 28, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »
When I took this panorama from out castle (not even 10 minutes' walk from my house), I thought "look the power and strength HaShem demonstrates us by nature!!!"

Less reduced here! http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5260/28d99df6554620b4c30e87d.jpg  :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Who is more powerful than HaShem
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 03:03:11 PM »
The sages have taught us that in order to perceive Hashem we need to observe nature. It is a way to develop AWE of Hashem, a trait which leads to the Love and Fear of Hashem...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »
More explanation from the Jewish perspective:

http://www.shemayisrael.co.il/Parasha/leff/archives/vaiera.htm

Parashat Vaeira
Torah and Nature Paths to Ahavas Hashem

The Nile will swarm with frogs, and when they emerge, they will be in your palace, in your bedroom, and [even] in your bed. [They will also be in] the homes of your officials and people, even in your ovens and kneading bowls (Shemos 7 28).

The second plague which G-d brought upon the Egyptians was 1 frogs. These frogs invaded every place in Egypt, including the ovens fired up for baking.

The Talmud (Pesachim s3b) relates that the frogs were the inspiration for Chananiah, Misha'el and Azaryah

What did Chananiah, Misha'el, and Azaryah see that caused them to enter the fiery furnace of Nevuchadnezzar? They reasoned a fortiori from the frogs of Egypt. If frogs, which are not commanded to sanctify G-d's Name, entered the fiery furnace in order to sanctify G-d's Name, how much more so should we, who are commanded to sanctity G-d's Name, do so.

This Gemara raises the issue of how nature can serve as a means of coming to the knowledge of Hashem. Let us consider some of the uses and misuses of the contemplation of nature.

Rambam in Sefer Hamitzvos says that the path to love of Hashem is through Torah learning. Yet, in Hilchos Yesodei HaTorah, Rambam says that contemplating the natural world and its awe-inspiring wonders leads one to love of Hashem. The fact is that both of these paths are ultimately one. The Torah was the blueprint for the creation of the world, and thus nature is merely the physical manifestation of Torah. The Ten Commandments (Aseres Hadibros), in which the entire Torah is alluded to, correspond to the Ten Utterances (Asarah Ma'amaros), with which the world was created. Nevertheless, there is a crucial difference between nature and Torah as paths to Hashem.

The Midrash says that HaKadosh Boruch Hu did not create the world with the first letter, aleph, for it signifies-cursed-but rather with the second letter, beis, which signifies-blessing. But to placate the aleph, which felt slighted, Hashem began the Ten Commandments with an aleph-anoyeche. When it comes to using nature as a path to Hashem, one's explorations must be carefully guided, so that one indeed finds Hashem through his observation of nature. As King David proclaimed, Hashem is to be found in nature "When I see Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, I am inspired to realize my insignificance in relationship to G-d, Who is overwhelming" (Tehillim 8 4). But there remains a danger in the observation of nature as the Torah warns us: "Lest you raise your eyes heavenward and observe the sun, the moon and the stars, and you are enticed to bow to them and serve them" (Devarim 4:19)

Yuri Gargarin, the first Soviet cosmonaut, announced upon returning to earth that he was now sure that G-d did not exist, chas veshalom, because he did not see Him. On the other hand, American astronauts on one of the Apollo missions transmitted breathtaking views of the earth from space, and recited Psalm 119, "The Heavens declare the glory of G-d...." Two observations of the same thing, two divergent responses.

The bais of blessing must be clear and decisive when it comes to observing G-d through nature. However, the path of Torah is not fraught with such danger. Quite the contrary, the inner light of Torah study guides one toward the good. When it comes to Torah, even that which can potentially be a curse, the aleph, can be inspired and directed by the inner light of Torah for the good. For this reason, Torah study must always be the primary path, the aleph. Only one steeped in the study of Torah can truly and properly utilize the path of observing nature, the second path, the bats.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »
Our great leader, King Osama is greater.
He has already replaced Jesus. Moses is next. Then G d Himself.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »

You must jest... Obama will be dust and Hashem will last forever...

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »
Awesome picture!

Nothing is greater than HaShem!!!!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

Common Muman, lighten up!  ;D Don't you know, Zionist killed Michael Jackson, stole my falafel and Obama is a new Messiah?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

Common Muman, lighten up!  ;D Don't you know, Zionist killed Michael Jackson, stole my falafel and Obama is a new Messiah?

So I heard... But I will correct one thing which I have seen you do twice today... You say "Common man"... I think you mean "Come on man"... Common man is an everyday average man... While Come On man implies that I need to do some thinking to come to the right outlook...

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »
So I heard... But I will correct one thing which I have seen you do twice today... You say "Common man"... I think you mean "Come on man"... Common man is an everyday average man... While Come On man implies that I need to do some thinking to come to the right outlook...
yes, thank you, I did not pay attention when I wrote this
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
That is very nice Muman, thankyou for sharing that.

I wonder how people can look at nature, especially the stars in the sky and say that G-d does not exist? Even the heavens declare the glory of God.....!!!!!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 08:51:34 PM »
The one G-d is L-rd of the multiverse and nothing and nobody is greater than He is.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »
Hi German, it is real but I know what you mean. The tornado is moving so fast it looks blurry over the water.

Shalom - Dox

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
Hi German, it is real but I know what you mean. The tornado is moving so fast it looks blurry over the water.

Shalom - Dox

Ok. Fascinating the nature.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »

:::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
The sin of Nimrod...
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.