Author Topic: Rebbe warned about the Ethiopians  (Read 16394 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Rebbe warned about the Ethiopians
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2009, 12:21:55 AM »

One of the greatest tragedies that I have seen is when the Torah is used, not to illuminate the darkness of this world, but to defend some shameful idea that the Torah really has nothing to do with. One of the most shameful uses of the Torah has been to claim that one of the three great families of humanity is nothing more than a slave to the rest.

The idea of slavery has become associated in everyone's mind with absolute evil. Nobody questions that slavery is evil incarnate. But where does this idea come from? Chaim said that slavery is not at all against the Torah and not necessarily immoral. It depends on how you treat the slave. This to me implies that when the righteous Jewish state will be restored, the rabbis might decide to re-institute slavery.

Rav Kook explains that slavery itself as an institution in society was an evil thing, but it was part of daily life in ancient times.  It couldn't just be forbidden out of existence overnight.   So rules about how slavery should work (including proper treatment of slaves and awarding them freedom in different circumstances etc) were put into place so that slavery as an institution would be phased out of society.    That was actually part of the appeal of Judaism to many Roman nonJewish slaves.   There is no question that the position of a slave is not a celebrated thing in the bible and that slavery itself is portrayed negatively.   That Torah did not outlaw it altogether was a concession to man's nature and to current societal circumstances.   But surely, it is not maintained/proliferated by the Torah system.

I think to say slavery will make a comeback is rather unbelievable.   Maybe, MAYBE on individual basis if a person is in debt or can't provide for himself etc and he offers himself up as one, maybe in that case.   But as an institution?  Keep dreaming.
What exactly do the Torah or Talmud say about the evilness of slavery? Do they call it evil?

Well I have to look into it to give you a better answer, but off the top of my head, one example would be that for a slave who is freed by his master, for him to then opt to remain a slave rather than go free (he doesn't want to provide for himself, has 'slave mentality' and is too used to serving someone else, etc), it is very frowned upon by the Torah.  The person is considered wicked.    There is more, but I am too ignorant to give you better off the top of my head.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »

One of the greatest tragedies that I have seen is when the Torah is used, not to illuminate the darkness of this world, but to defend some shameful idea that the Torah really has nothing to do with. One of the most shameful uses of the Torah has been to claim that one of the three great families of humanity is nothing more than a slave to the rest.

The idea of slavery has become associated in everyone's mind with absolute evil. Nobody questions that slavery is evil incarnate. But where does this idea come from? Chaim said that slavery is not at all against the Torah and not necessarily immoral. It depends on how you treat the slave. This to me implies that when the righteous Jewish state will be restored, the rabbis might decide to re-institute slavery.

Rav Kook explains that slavery itself as an institution in society was an evil thing, but it was part of daily life in ancient times.  It couldn't just be forbidden out of existence overnight.   So rules about how slavery should work (including proper treatment of slaves and awarding them freedom in different circumstances etc) were put into place so that slavery as an institution would be phased out of society.    That was actually part of the appeal of Judaism to many Roman nonJewish slaves.   There is no question that the position of a slave is not a celebrated thing in the bible and that slavery itself is portrayed negatively.   That Torah did not outlaw it altogether was a concession to man's nature and to current societal circumstances.   But surely, it is not maintained/proliferated by the Torah system.

I think to say slavery will make a comeback is rather unbelievable.   Maybe, MAYBE on individual basis if a person is in debt or can't provide for himself etc and he offers himself up as one, maybe in that case.   But as an institution?  Keep dreaming.
What exactly do the Torah or Talmud say about the evilness of slavery? Do they call it evil?

Well I have to look into it to give you a better answer, but off the top of my head, one example would be that for a slave who is freed by his master, for him to then opt to remain a slave rather than go free (he doesn't want to provide for himself, has 'slave mentality' and is too used to serving someone else, etc), it is very frowned upon by the Torah.  The person is considered wicked.    There is more, but I am too ignorant to give you better off the top of my head.

Yes, there is the command that after the seven years of service of a slave is up he can opt to remain a slave. This occurs if he has a wife and kid who are also slaves and he wants to stay with them {but they are gentiles}. The master is to nail the slaves ear to the doorpost as a sign that this man, whose ear heard the voice of Hashem at Mt Sinai, had decided to make a mortal man his master instead of making Hashem his master.

This too is from the Parasha of Misphatim which I will find the actual mitzvah in the Torah:

Shemot (Exodus) 21

1. And these are the ordinances that you shall set before them.
2. Should you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall work [for] six years, and in the seventh [year], he shall go out to freedom without charge.
3. If he comes [in] alone, he shall go out alone; if he is a married man, his wife shall go out with him.
4. If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone.
5. But if the slave says, "I love my master, my wife, and my children. I will not go free,"
6. his master shall bring him to the judges, and he shall bring him to the door or to the doorpost, and his master shall bore his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him forever.

Rashis comments on this:

to the judges: Heb. אֶל-הָאֱלֹהִים, to the court to consult his sellers, for they sold him [the slave] to him [to his master]. — [From Mechilta]
to the door or to the doorpost: I might think that the doorpost is [a] qualified [place] on which to bore [the servant’s ear]. Therefore, Scripture says: “and you shall thrust it into his ear and into the door” (Deut. 15:17), [meaning] “into the door,” but not “into the doorpost.” What then does or to the doorpost mean? [The text is] comparing the door to the doorpost. Just as the doorpost is upright [i.e., attached to the house; otherwise it is not called a doorpost], so is the door upright. [A detached door may not be used for the ritual of ear boring.]-[From Mechilta, Kid. 22b]
and his master shall bore his ear: [I.e.,] the right [ear]. Or perhaps it means the left one? Therefore, the Torah states אֹזֶן “ear,” here and אֹזֶן [elsewhere] for [the purpose of making] a גְזֵרָה שָׁוָה, [which means two places having similar wording, which indicates that the rulings pertaining to one situation also apply to the other]. It is stated here: “and his master shall bore his ear,” and it is stated regarding the mezora [person with the disease of zara’ath]: “the cartilage of the right ear of the one who is becoming pure” (Lev. 14:14). Just as there the right [ear] is specified, here too the right [ear] is meant. Now, why was the ear chosen to be bored out of all the organs of the body? Rabban Jochanan ben Zakkai said: The ear that heard on Mount Sinai, “You shall not steal” (Exod. 20:13) and [then] went and stole, shall be bored. And if [the text is referring to] one who sold himself [into servitude, the reason is that] the ear that heard, “For the children of Israel are slaves to Me” (Lev. 25:55) and [then] went and acquired a master for himself, [this ear] shall be bored. Rabbi Shimon used to interpret this verse [in a beautiful manner] like a bundle of pearls [or a great amount of perfume in this way:]-why were the door and the doorpost singled out from all the fixtures in the house? The Holy One, blessed is He, said: The door and the doorpost were witnesses in Egypt when I passed over the lintel and the two doorposts, and I said, “For the children of Israel are slaves to Me; they are My slaves,” but [they are] not slaves to slaves, and [yet] this one went and acquired for himself a master-[his ear] shall be bored before them [for everyone to see]. — [From Kid. 22b]
and he shall serve him forever: Heb. לְעֹלָם, until the Jubilee year [the fiftieth year of the cycle]. Or perhaps it means literally forever, as its apparent meaning? Therefore, the Torah states [in reference to the Jubilee year]: “and each man to his family you shall return” (Lev. 25:10). [This] informs [us] that fifty years are called עֹלָם. But [this does] not [mean] that he must serve him [his master] the entire fifty years, but he must serve him until the Jubilee year, regardless of whether it is near or far off. — [From Mechilta, Kid. 15a]
http://www.chabad.org/parshah/torahreading_cdo/AID/15564/showrashi/true
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2009, 12:48:22 AM »
nice job muman, that's what I was thinking of...   If you have more to add, please by all means. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2009, 01:04:05 AM »
nice job muman, that's what I was thinking of...   If you have more to add, please by all means. 

This may be helpful:

http://www.torahsearch.com/page.cfm/2191

Halacha Overview - Slaves

Note: It should be stressed that the statements in a summary must not be interpreted as halachic rulings no matter how definitively they are worded. When such rulings are needed a qualified rabbi must be consulted.

73. Slaves - Avadim

During the period when the Jubilee year was in effect Jews could become slaves. A man could sell himself, as it says "And if your brother becomes poor and is sold to you"1; and the courts could sell a thief for six years if he was unable to pay for what he stole, as it says "If you buy a Hebrew slave [he shall work six years]",2 and it says "If your Hebrew brother is sold to you [he shall work six years for you]".3 He must not be sold publicly, as it says "They shall not be sold as slaves are sold".4 It is forbidden to give him excessive or degrading work to do, as it says "You shall not oppress him harshly",5 and it says "You shall not work him [at] slave's work; he shall be like a hired laborer, a resident, with you".6 If he sells himself to a non-Jew he should be redeemed and it is forbidden to allow the non-Jew to give him excessive work, as it says "[If your brother becomes poor and is sold to a stranger...] he shall have redemption... he shall not oppress him harshly before your eyes".7,a

A Jewish slave goes free at the end of the period of sale; but if he was sold by the courts and wishes to remain a slave he can do so after having his ear pierced [as it says "And if the slave says... `I will not go free' his master shall take him to court... and pierce his ear with an awl and he shall serve him forever",8 and it says "And if he says to you `I will not go out'... you shall take the awl and put it in his ear and in the door and he shall be your perpetual slave"].9 In any case, he goes free when the Jubilee year arrives or when his owner dies, as it says "He shall work with you until the Jubilee year",6 and it says "In this Jubilee year you shall go back each to his possessions",10 and it says "And if he shall not be redeemed thus he goes out in the Jubilee year".7 It is forbidden to let him (or a maidservant) go free empty-handed (except when he redeems himself); we are commanded to be generous to him, as it says "[And when you send him free from you] you shall not send him empty; you shall load him with gifts...".11,b

During that period a man could also sell his daughter (below the age of 12) as a maidservant [as it says "And if a man sells his daughter as a maidservant..."12]. She goes free at the end of six years or at the Jubilee or when her owner dies or when she reaches puberty, and if possible she should be redeemed [as it says "and redeemed her"].13 Preferably the owner should affiance her to himself or to his son [as it says "Her master who affianced her... and if he affiances her to his son..."13], upon which she is no longer a servant but is like any betrothed woman. It is forbidden to sell her or give her to anyone else, as it says "He shall have no power to sell her"13; nor can a male Jewish slave be sold.c

Non-Jews acquired as slaves must normally accept Judaism; thus when they are freed they are proselytes. [Non-Jewish slaves do not go free in the Jubilee year or at the death of the owner, as it says "But your slave and your maidservant that you have from the nations... they shall be an inherited possession to your sons after you; you shall enslave them perpetually".14 However, they go free if the owner does them a permanent, visible injury [as it says "If a man strikes his slave's eye or his maidservant's eye and destroys it he shall send him free on account of his eye; and if he knocks out his slave's tooth or his maidservant's tooth he shall send him free on account of his tooth"15]. If a man sells his slave to a non-Jew he must buy the slave back and free him. If a man sells his slave outside the land of Israel the purchasers must free him; and a man cannot take his slave outside the land of Israel without his consent. If a slave escapes and flees to the land of Israel his owner must free him and accept compensation, and there is a special prohibition against cheating such a freed slave, as it says "[You shall not turn a slave over to his master...] he shall dwell with you in your midst in the place that he chooses in one of your gates as he sees fit; you shall not cheat him".16,d

Sources: 1. Lev. 25:39 a. 1:1,4-7,10; 2:2 2. Ex. 21:2 b. 2:2-3,6; 3:6-7 (but see 2:12),14 3. Deut. 15:12 c. 4:1,4-5,7,10 4. Lev. 25:42 d. 5:4; 8:1,6,9-12 5. Lev. 25:43,46 6. Lev. 25:39-40 7. Lev. 25:47-53 8. Ex. 21:5-6 9. Deut. 15:16-17 10. Lev. 25:13 11. Deut. 15:13-14 12. Ex. 21:7 13. Ex. 21:8-9 14. Lev. 25:44-46 15. Ex. 21:26-27 16. Deut. 23:16-17

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2009, 03:59:44 AM »
It doesn't look as the Ethiopian schooling problem is going away
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1112034.html

That G-d has made peoples of different colors obviously means that they are not meant to overly mix, especially in schools. Just like boys and girls are not meant to mix:the genders have to go to separate schools.

In Ponovez yeshivah you find only Ashkenazim. In Porat Yosef yeshiva you find only Sefaradim. The Ethiopian children should be in an all-Ethiopian school, in an all-Ethiopian town. Trying to overcome the unovercomeable natural human reaction to different-colored people, including different colored Jews, is a recipe for trouble.The Israeli aping of the American societal and schools policy of "Thou Shalt Melt" has been an equal disaster.

When it comes to schooling and the perceived spiritual welfare of their children,Haredi school administrators won't back down, even for money.

"Can the Ethiopian change the color of his skin?" (Yirmiya 13:23). That the 12 Tribes and the gerim were each allocated different territories and lived apart in Israel shows that 'segregation' is a Torah ideal.

You who went to school in the US: did you like being forced cheek and jowl with Blacks?! You who went to school in the UK: did you like sitting next to Pakis?!

As that Rabbi Avigdor Miller said: "This matter of complexion is more important than is usually understood....Moshe's children were not made Cohanim...dark skinned Cohanim would be rejected by the law requiring unblemished men....the principle of 'racism' is one of the foundations..."

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 04:46:46 AM by wonga66 »

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2009, 07:29:50 AM »
wonga66 are you sure you are not the former member galrat ? You sure post the same racist junk he did.

In Ponovez yeshivah you find only Ashkenazim. In Porat Yosef yeshiva you find only Sefaradim. The Ethiopian children should be in an all-Ethiopian school, in an all-Ethiopian town. Trying to overcome the unovercomeable natural human reaction to different-colored people, including different colored Jews, is a recipe for trouble.The Israeli aping of the American societal and schools policy of "Thou Shalt Melt" has been an equal disaster.

There are (or at least used to be) lots of Sefaradim in Litvak Yeshivas, and historically, there was no separation such as you suggest. And to suggest that Ethiopians live in separated towns is just crazy. You are hopelessly racist and you have a problem controlling yourself. So take care of your problems and leave us and the Ethiopian Jews alone.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
That G-d has made peoples of different colors obviously means that they are not meant to overly mix, especially in schools.

Really?  LOL.   Gee because I don't think one has anything to do with the other.   Why don't you ever use logic?

Not sure what you conclude that from.   (sounds like wishful thinking on your part)

Here's a better idea for you.   Since G-d made peoples of different colors, obviously that means He wanted hateful people like you to learn to live with people who look differently and not to despise them.   I don't REALLY presume to know the meaning of why G-d made different skin colors, but I'm giving you another suggestion since you seem so convinced that you do know why.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2009, 09:32:39 AM »

In Ponovez yeshivah you find only Ashkenazim.

Not really.   Shows how out of touch you are.   More and more haredi (even shas affiliated) sephardim are trying to learn in Ashkenazi yeshivoth which they see as the elite institutions.   More and more sefardim have come to see the ashkenazi talmud learning style as the superior method, for better or worse.   And so each of these "ashkenazi" schools tries to keep its number of Sephardim limited, but they do let in a percent, and many apply there.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »
What about non-Hebrew slaves? Was there also a 7-year limit for them?

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2010, 05:03:18 AM »
Chayim calls the Shas party "the most unbelievably evil party in Israel".

Shas and its Erev Zeir leader Ovadiya "Kesef" Yosef "Yusef" are behind the latest push to Negrify (= "schvartztify") Eretz Yisroel with yet more Hamites
 http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135589

The only ones actually happy about more Blacks arriving in Israel is Shas & Israeli leftists & "kiss black tochuss" liberals.

Entire Israeli neighbourhoods are being ruined by this endless stream of Blacks.

Their ultimate goal is to have 1 million Ethiopics living in israel.

"There never was such a thing as 'Black Jews': they are plain Ethiopian gentile Blacks. The whole thing is sheker v'kozov!" (Rabbi Miller).

The only hope is that the giyur l'chumro these Falshmura go through rubs off on them, and that they become loyal Right-Wingers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:44:17 AM by wonga66 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2010, 06:14:55 AM »
It doesn't look as the Ethiopian schooling problem is going away
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1112034.html

That G-d has made peoples of different colors obviously means that they are not meant to overly mix, especially in schools.

You made this up.  It's a nonsequitor.   What does one thing have to do with another?   That's like saying since God made different continents, obviously people weren't supposed to move from one continent to another.    No, not obviously.   In fact, that is silly and completely invented.

You are drawing an improper conclusion based on your own predetermined opinion about dark skinned people.   You cherry pick from Rav Miller's hashkafa lectures to support your own predetermined opinion, but it is no support.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2010, 06:20:39 AM »

In Ponovez yeshivah you find only Ashkenazim. 

In haredi ashkenazi yeshivas TODAY, they take a percentage of sephardic talmidim.   So what you are saying is ignorant.

When it comes to schooling and the perceived spiritual welfare of their children,Haredi school administrators won't back down, even for money.

I highly challenge the emphasized "even for money" part.  You are again completely making things up.   Proof?   Cite something?   Any indication this is true?  NO.   Money makes the haredi school system go round.  Money makes the haredi political world go round.   Don't obfuscate for the sake of your racial agenda.

"Can the Ethiopian change the color of his skin?" (Yirmiya 13:23). That the 12 Tribes and the gerim were each allocated different territories and lived apart in Israel shows that 'segregation' is a Torah ideal.

Again, "am haaratzut" (ignorance) passed off under the guise of "Torah."   There was no halacha forbidding individual members of tribes to mix into other tribes or to navigate or settle in other areas or to intermarry.  And we see that not only it was not forbidden, but it happened too.

You who went to school in the US: did you like being forced cheek and jowl with Blacks?! You who went to school in the UK: did you like sitting next to Pakis?!

How can you compare these things?   You have such a sick and twisted mind.    You are ready to compare a group of Jews having dark skin to the ghetto-blacks of America or to Pakistani muslim animals!?    Chas veshalom.    You are very sick and twisted that you see Jewish members of the Jewish nation as on equal footing to our enemies (Paki muzlims) and corrupt-culture-american blacks.

And at the same time that you post pictures of Ethiopian Jews with women dressed in tzniut garb and the kid wearing a kipa.   You are such a self-hating bigot, it's unbelievable.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2010, 06:21:38 AM »
wonga66 are you sure you are not the former member galrat ? You sure post the same racist junk he did. 

He is the same guy.   He is also miflezet and fleschette.   That he has denied this shows he is a brazen faced liar.   Any idiot could see that it's the same guy, and yet he expects us to believe otherwise when he is in denial.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2010, 06:23:43 AM »

"There never was such a thing as 'Black Jews': they are plain Ethiopian gentile Blacks. The whole thing is sheker v'kozov!" (Rabbi Miller).

That's not what Rabbi Moshe Feinstein or the leading poskim said.  In halacha, do we go by poskim or by someone who gives over hashkafa shmuz and somebody who years later cherry picks and quotes it?   I rest my case.  You are out of your league and a blatant propagandist.  Give it a rest already. 

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
Spreading these agrarian Ethiopics all over Israel is a huge social mistake. They should all be put in one large new 150,000 person all-Ethiopian town in Yesha, with their own style of huts, a Falasha mayor, a Falasha poilce chief etc. They will be happy there.

Instead they are miserable, irked, angry, seething, envious, no hopers, unemployed, unemployable, resentful, begrudged and becoming mentally ill in little appartments in Lod, Safed, Mevasseret Zion, Emek Hagalil, Ashdod, Sderot etc surrounded by pale-faced Russians and Ukranians, of even more dubious Jewish origin!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:40:04 AM by wonga66 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
You are a true hater of all Jews wonga666 and I hope that you do teshuva before you die... My opinion of you is very, very low and I am ashamed that there are people like you who consider themselves Jewish {I don't count you among the Jews because you exhibit a very unJewish trait}.... If you are really Jewish there is always hope for you... But everything which comes from your mouth and your fingers is hatred, divisive, and evil...

I am a Jew of Ukrainian origin and we are as Jewish, if not more Jewish, than any other Jew... I seriously doubt your lineage..

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
I am not referring to Ukrainian Jews.

I am referring to Ukrainian gentiles, and the non-Jewish 50%+ of immigrants from the former USSR.

A considerable % of them have no Jewish pedigree whatsoever ie not even one Jewish great grandfather.

Under a Kahanist government, conversion laws would be watertight: only a Jew (ie born of a Jewish mother) or who converted to Judaism according to Halacha would be allowed in under the Kahanist Revised Law of Return.

It is a shame that R.Kahane died before the 1 million immigrants came over from the USSR in 1991.

He would have had a lot to say. I suspect that he would have won many of them over, including the goyim among them, to his camp and to True Judaism.

Instead all they have to vote for is that Moldavian piece of drek, Yvette Lieberman!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:52:17 AM by wonga66 »

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »
Spreading these agrarian Ethiopics all over Israel is a huge social mistake. They should all be put in one large new 150,000 person all-Ethiopian town in Yesha, with their own style of huts, a Falasha mayor, a Falasha poilce chief etc. They will be happy there.

Instead they are miserable, irked, angry, seething, envious, no hopers, unemployed, unemployable, resentful, begrudged and becoming mentally ill in little appartments in Lod, Safed, Mevasseret Zion, Emek Hagalil, Ashdod, Sderot etc surrounded by pale-faced Russians and Ukranians, of even more dubious Jewish origin!

My friend teaches them at school. It's a big problem - they are undisciplined and less intelligent than other students. The integrated education doesn't work.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »
I am not referring to Ukrainian Jews.

I am referring to Ukrainian gentiles, and the non-Jewish 50%+ of immigrants from the former USSR.

A considerable % of them have no Jewish pedigree whatsoever ie not even one Jewish great grandfather.

Under a Kahanist government, conversion laws would be watertight: only a Jew (ie born of a Jewish mother) or who converted to Judaism according to Halacha would be allowed in under the Kahanist Revised Law of Return.

It is a shame that R.Kahane died before the 1 million immigrants came over from the USSR in 1991.

He would have had a lot to say. I suspect that he would have won many of them over, including the goyim among them, to his camp and to True Judaism.

Instead all they have to vote for is that Moldavian piece of drek, Yvette Lieberman!

I am sorry for the harsh words... I agree that immigration from the former Soviet Union has led to a lot of non-Jews immigrating and some even join neonazi gangs. This is a real problem...

But there are real Ukranian Jews.... When my family emigrated from Ukraine in the 1900s there was tremendous oppression of the Jews, especially in Uman where my family came from. 50,000 Jews were massacred in one day... I have looked at my family tree and it is entirely Jewish until this generation.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »
The Hamites are descendants of Ham. There is a Torah kloloh on all of them. If they fulfil their tafkid of being subservient assistants to the Shemites and Japhetites, all is well.

But they are not meant to be "equals" or have equal rights.

And that includes all Hamites ie Africans, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans etc etc.

The Tzemach Tzedek states that Hamites will not exist in the Messianic Era.

Racism is against the Torah.

But racialism (which is not the same) is a foundation of Torah!

A Moreh said that the curse only apllied to Canaan himself and must not be used to hate or discrimnate Blacks or Asians. Regarding Ethiopian Jews, I don't know if they are real Israelites or not, but.... what do you prefer? A tiny group of Yehudim safek, or millions of Arabs detrmined to destroy Israel who paradoxiaclly have Israeli citizenship. I strongly respect Ethiopian Jews, Karaites, Samaritans and Black Jews. No mmatter if they are all Jews or not, what it matters is that they want to be in Israel as a Jewish State.

This comments do nothing but harming Israel. We have already the Arabs and some Western as enemies, why insulting Africans and Asians? Antisemitism is nearly unknown in Asia. And most Africans don't even know that Jews exist.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »

But the Ethiopians did convert l'humra according to halacha, and you still want them herded into ghettoes.  I don't think you are the person to speak for what a Kahanist govt would or would not do.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2010, 04:50:38 PM »
The Falashmura of the 2000s, who had the Halachic status of goyim, have converted l'chumra and undergo Orthodox courses in Torah and mitzva observance. Whether most of them will live up to that giyur is yet to be seen.

Most of the Falashas of the 80s, as per R.Moshe Feinstein, had the status of sofek yehudi (which nevertheless requires an "easy conversion"), unfortunately did not convert, not even giyur l'kula, due to their being incited by infernal Israeli leftists, plus R.Ovadiya Yosef under political & financial pressure backing down that the Falashas didn't need require any geirus at all, contrary to the Ashkenazic poskim.

Most Falashas from the 80s were given no education in Torah and mitzva observance, and many took on the worst of Israeli society, becoming criminals, jail inmates and druggies.

The death rate among Israeli Ethiopians is high, especially from obesity and diabetes. The Israeli diet is not good for them, them arriving nice and lean, and quickly becoming obese, which their small frames cannot take.

This is not to detract that they can make good soldiers, especially in the Mishmar Gevul. Sometimes too good, as they are very obedient, even obeying bad orders. Many Ethiopian Black troops were ruthless in the front line during the Gaza Deportation, and in more recent expulsions.

The murder rate of Ethiopian wives by Ethiopian husbands is inordinate. But I know several Anglo mitnachlim in Yesha who are very happy with their quiet and  compliant husband-worshipping Falashmura wives. If you want an Ethiopian wife, get one as soon as possible after they arrive at the airport, before she becomes ruined by Israeli society!

Come to think of it, a good Ethiopian girl could be perfect for our Chayim, when B"H he comes to Israel!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:10:44 PM by wonga66 »

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2010, 05:53:46 PM »
Chaim said before he isn't attracted to Black women and only loves them as his Sisters.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »
Listen everyone who is involved in this thread!

It is Elul, the month of preparation for the High Holidays. We should not be fighting between ourselves. If this galilerat is really Jewish let him show it in the way he behaves. A Jew doesnt create machlokes like this right before the day of Judgment. I ask that all the Jews please attempt to learn the laws of Teshuva and to implement them.

My current signature line relates the mitzvah of returning lost items. I have heard an interpretation of this law to mean that we should always help return the lost soul of a Jew to the path of Torah. I ask that you look into Torah and attempt to rise to the level which Moshe inspired our forefathers, to rise against the inclination of evil, the path of hatred and disrespect.

Every Jewish neshama is important to the Jewish nation. While we can argue about erev rav and whether certain converts are sincere in their conversions, or whether their conversion was 'kosher' enough for us... It will not bring about the desired goal of bringing Moshiach. When it comes to rebuke it must be said lovingly and with good intention.

Please have respect for the sages of Israel and the wisdom which our scholars have passed to us. Most hold the Chofetz Chaim to be very brilliant regarding the mitzvahs of Ahavas Yisroel and the negativity associated with Lashon Hara. Every High Holiday period I read the Chofetz Chaims Daily companion to help me use my power of speech for the purpose of goodness.

My kevannah is with all who sincerely want to see the world of Moshiach in our days.

-I just grabbed, "The Concise Book of Mitzvoth" of my shelf...  ;)
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein