Author Topic: CROATION SOCCER ASSOCIATION ENCOURAGES SONGS AGAINST SERBS AND JEWS  (Read 3842 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1113172.html 

The Croatian Football Federation is behind a campaign aimed at whipping up its national team's fans before games by using fascist slogans, the British newspaper The Sun reported Tuesday.

Songs by popular rocker Marko Perkovic that glorify the Holocaust and the Croatian slaughter of Serbs are played at Croatia's home matches, the report said, adding that the songs are blasted at full volume to crank up intimidation levels inside Zagreb's 40,000 capacity Maksimir Stadium.

Perkovic is better known by his nickname Thompson - the machinegun he used in the Balkans war in the 1990s.
   Advertisement

Football's world and European governing bodies FIFA and UEFA have repeatedly probed Croatia in the past over claims of fans' Nazi chants.

The report in The Sun, published ahead of Wednesday's World Cup qualifier between England and Croatia in London - at which around 8,000 Croatian fans are expected to be in attendance - said that Croatian soccer authorities have made no attempt to curb the fascist displays.

The paper said the tactic was most recently used to stir up the 30,000 fans who attended the team's home game against Belarus last Saturday.

However, the report added that Perkovic's songs were not played at a 2007 home match against Israel, won by Croatia, for fear it would cause offense.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: CROATION SOCCER ASSOCIATION ENCOURAGES SONGS AGAINST SERBS AND JEWS
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »
I would say to those Cro Nazi fans, "za grob spremni". Is that a correct phrase?
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
I would say to those Cro Nazi fans, "za grob spremni". Is that a correct phrase?
I'M NOT SERBIAN
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:40:01 AM »
Yes, it's good. How do you know our language?

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:55:05 AM »
Yes, it's good. How do you know our language?

In fact my Serbian is very poor. I once learnt some very basic grammar, and that combined with the knowledge of Russian helps me understand some phrases. Actually, I saw the above phrase in youtube - it was a reply of a Serb to Croat who said him "za dom spremni" (ustasha slogan that means "for home be ready"). "grob" means "grave" in Russian so if it means the same in Serbian the meaning is "for grave be ready". I liked the reply and remembered it :)
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »
That's very common thing in CRO.Nothing surprising.

@Spectator
Yes,it means "grave".

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 07:28:10 AM »
Hi Kerber. You've got a nice new profile picture :)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »
Hi Kerber. You've got a nice new profile picture :)

Hvala na komplimentu.   :)

(tnx for the compliment)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »
Croatia lost to England 5:1

Look at the 5th goal...hehehe...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:51:50 AM by Kerber »

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »
Jewish news site?
Very good!
Thanks!

By the way, it is nothing hidden nor unknown in Croatia.
They have a serious problem with Neo-Nazism and it is one of official problems of Croatia.

They have even been criticized by the EU, but, knowing that EU is hidden neo-Nazi itself and that Croatia is a puppet, that will be nothing else but a little bit of "criticism", just to satisfy the masses and shut their mouth for a little bit.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 06:45:07 AM »
Croatia lost to England 5:1

Look at the 5th goal...hehehe...

Yeah, in this case my favor goes to England :)

It seems the English were still angry for the last year's loss to Croatia. This time they left to Croats no chances.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 06:52:59 AM »
Jewish news site?
Very good!
Thanks!

Haaretz is the Israeli version of B92. They worship Western liberalism and hate any nationalism except the Arab one.

A sane Jewish news site in English is http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

They repored this news much better here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133333

It was discussed at our forum here: http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,37856.0.html

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:07:38 PM »
Jewish news site?
Very good!
Thanks!

Haaretz is the Israeli version of B92. They worship Western liberalism and hate any nationalism except the Arab one.

A sane Jewish news site in English is http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

They repored this news much better here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133333

It was discussed at our forum here: http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,37856.0.html

Oh, OK.

Well, even from pathetic Liberal sources such as B92 you can sometimes, although far off, find some interesting articles/reports.
Hope it's the case with that your news agency, too.