Author Topic: How did you "discover" Islam?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
How did you "discover" Islam?
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »
How did you "discover" Islam?

I "discovered" Islam right after Tuesday, 9/11/2001.
I never paid much attention to references to Islam before.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: How did you "discover" Islam?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »
What is this Islam you speak of?

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:54:48 AM »
Same here.

After 9/11 and at school.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »
The aftermath of 9/11 opened my eyes to the pure evil of Islam.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:31:31 AM »
Since I'm Greek and actually learned about the history of Greece I'd say I "discovered" it when I was about 6 years old. I've despised it ever since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Greece
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:27 AM »
Probably during the intifada.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »
Obviously I knew about Arabs and muslims from a very early age. But my understanding of Islam was very flawed and in took me years to fully realize that. What I learnt in school, from the media, and what is, or used to be, the common perception in Israel, is that Islam has more common ground with Judaism than either with Christianity, that muslims are our cousins and they respect Jews, save for a tiny minority of extremists.

That perception has been shuttered by reality. Still most people in Israel refuse to acknowledge the fact that Jihad, and not secular nationalism, is the base for the Arab and muslim rage against Israel.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 02:12:52 PM »
I always had a disdain for muslimes in general and muslime arabs in particular, but I've read koran and numerous books on islam after 911. What a vile cult it is! :yuck:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 02:20:18 PM »
Learned the PC version of what islam is about in school.  Then 9/11 happened.  And then I realized that almost all arab terrorism has been Islam-motivated, just like 9/11 was.   How?   By doing some research.   Amazing how ideas are shattered so easily by facts and research that a person is otherwise unwilling, too lazy or too self-assured to undertake.    The "dogma" presented in school is mostly full of convenient myth and superficiality to get a student from point a to point b.

Part of my research was JTF, and prior to that it was due to interaction with ultra liberal "pro fakestinian" and anti Israel groups on college campus.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:18:24 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »
My Mother told me about islam and the muslims, she told me they were barbaric while I was growing up. I really began to hate the enemy ( muslims ) when the infatada was happening in Israel.

When my niece was in Jerusalem, she went for a cup of coffee at a coffee shop near her Apartment, 20 minutes after she got home there was a piguah and she felt her apartment shake. Had my niece stayed, she would have been blown to bits by the palestinian nazis.

Shalom - Dox

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
I was sitting under a tree reading a book one day and something fell on my head. It was an Islamic Apple. That's how I discovered Islam.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »
I was sitting under a tree reading a book one day and something fell on my head. It was an Islamic Apple. That's how I discovered Islam.

I don't understand the joke.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »

The apple knocked the sense of humor out of him

Moshe92

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »
When I was younger, I believed that Islam was a good religion which was being hijacked by a small group of extremists because that was what I was taught to learn. When I was a little older, I started believing that Islam could be either a good religion or a bad religion depending on one's interpretation of it. I was never really anti-Islam until I became interested in JTF about a year ago.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 05:39:11 PM »
Oh, that's an interesting story. I have discovered the true nature of islam in the 90ies. I was participating in this list-serv on philosophical anthropology, and there was one participant who was a scholar of islam for many years. He even learned arabic. He was a history professor, as far as I remember, not a professor of islam. So he studies islam for himself. It wasn't his profession. But because he was a very scholarly, academic man, he learned it very fundamentally and read the whole Koran in arabic. So one day, somebody said something ignorant about islam, and this man set him straight. This was a real eyeopener to me. This is when I learned about dar al islam, jihad, dhimmi, taqiya, and also the principle of supercession. Whatever is written later supercedes the earlier meaning. So the militant later verses from Medina take precedence over the milder earlier verses from Mecca.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
I discovered Islam inside my toilet... I scrubbed hard to remove all the Islam stains.... But Islam stinks...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »
the morning of 9/11/01. I did watch JTF on qptv and when they killed those innocent 3000 people I knew right then and there that JTF was correct in what they preached!.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »

The apple knocked the sense of humor out of him

ISAAC NEWTON DISCOVERED GRAVITY IN THAT EXACT SITUATION!!! DON'T U GUYS LEARN ANYTHING IN SCHOOL??? :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
I discovered Islam inside my toilet... I scrubbed hard to remove all the Islam stains.... But Islam stinks...

I was going to make the same joke, but you beat me to it.

Truthfully though, I knew many Muslims growing up.  None of them followed their religion, and I was friends with many of them, as they were involved in the same undesirable things as me.
Although they did not follow their religion, as we grew older, I noticed that the one thing they took from their parents at least was Anti-Jwish and Anti-American(or in this country, Anti-Canadian) views.

When I entered university was when I saw their barbarism first-hand, and the more I learn about them and their religion, the sicker I get.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »

Yes, and sometimes there are too many pieces of Islam that one flush will not suffice. Hopefully soon we can give several  :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: to Islam and all will be well with the world. Until then, keep scrubbing, flushing, and wiping Islam away.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 10:14:43 PM »
LOL, I hope one of those haters makes a youtube video out of this thread... with real spooky music in the background and threatening dangerous global consequences.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 03:59:13 AM »
I was about 15 (20 years ago!!!). I went to the public library because I was intersted in exotic alphabets. I wanted to copy some of them and then I saw a quran in Arabic with German translation. The first verses I read were just those condemning Jews and Christians "Oh you, who believe, don't thake Jews and Christians as friend, they are just friends with each other...". This made me very curious to know more and I decided to buy a cheap edition of the quran in German and read it.
Then we had a project in school about other religions. I took Islam as my project some of these quranic staements and when I had the presentation ofmy project, I was interrupted by the teacher who said this could only be lie and that I should bring the quran into school to prove that it was right what I was saying. But I never got the chance to make a new presentation - it was "rewarded" with a fat F (the only F I ever got!). The teacher was a leftist idiot who proclaimed multiculturalism was the bst for a society blah blah!  :P