Author Topic: WARNING: This could be your last year alive!  (Read 824 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
WARNING: This could be your last year alive!
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »
This year has been quite a year for me. It marks a year since I became Shomer Shabbos. I was in Yeshivah in Israel in the beginning of the year. My Stepfather passed away. I moved twice AND just started university. I'm 21, and most people don't go through all of that in their entire lives, let alone in 1 year. We should make this year count because you never know what Hashem has in store for you. If I would have known back then what this year would have brought for me, I would probably have committed suicide (Well not really, but you get the idea). I know unfortunately, there are plenty of others who have a lot of pain in their lives, so we should all pray for one another. We should beg Hashem for forgiveness and for the Final Redemption. If there's one thing I learned this year it's that you never know when it's your last day in this world, so make sure you do teshuvah every day because we all have a lot of sins and it would be horrible for our souls to face the Judge of judges with so many sins in our book. Pray for the book of life, because it will be decided this week who lives and who dies. I wish all of you what I wish for myself. I know things were said this past year, feelings hurt, people offended, but I want to apologize to anybody I have wronged and I hope you can all forgive me.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: WARNING: This could be your last year alive!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »
Very wise words from such a young man. God bless you and may you continue on your journey.  :dance: :usa+israel:
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »

Calm down.
Suicide is illegal. You'll get locked up for 20 years.
See you next year.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »
Mo2388,

Your words are filled with wisdom. I know how you feel.

May our year be a year of goodness...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »
I also moved twice this year in a very short period of time.  Things have been very stressful. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »
I also moved twice this year in a very short period of time.  Things have been very stressful. 

Let us look forward to a better year ahead. I feel sorry you had to move so many times and I know how it feels...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14