Author Topic: kahanenet.org offline  (Read 1873 times)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
kahanenet.org offline
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
The website www.kahanenet.org is offline  :'(

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: kahanenet.org offline
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
I thought it has been offline for a while already.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
I thought it has been offline for a while already.

It worked a few weeks ago..

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:46:14 PM »
How amny Kahanist web-sites are there? How many of these sites bear his name?

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »
How amny Kahanist web-sites are there? How many of these sites bear his name?

Even though I never saw it though it's probably a splinter site. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:37:30 AM »

Offline secularkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »
Never heard of this one. I still want to know what happened to Kahane.org though, as it was the one I frequented previously, and have been partial to ever since New Kach went offline years ago.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
Never heard of this one. I still want to know what happened to Kahane.org though, as it was the one I frequented previously, and have been partial to ever since New Kach went offline years ago.

Kahane.org was closed because...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:43:52 PM by German Kahanist »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »

Kahane.org was closed because the government or FBI said it's a terrorist website.

Who told you that

Offline secularkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »

Kahane.org was closed because the government or FBI said it's a terrorist website.

Who told you that

I want to know that too. Insofar as I am aware, it was deemed a terrorist website long ago (under Bush) but kept online. And isn't it based out of Israel anyway, which would make US policy a non-issue? Now, I could by the Israeli government closing it, but I find your unsourced claim a bit too vague to accept as of yet.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 03:53:05 PM »

Who told you that

I want to know that too. Insofar as I am aware, it was deemed a terrorist website long ago (under Bush) but kept online. And isn't it based out of Israel anyway, which would make US policy a non-issue? Now, I could by the Israeli government closing it, but I find your unsourced claim a bit too vague to accept as of yet.

The website was hosted in NYC I think. But I know the forum was hosted in NYC.

Look at this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Guzovsky

He is a contact on Kahane.org, which is on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of terrorist organizations.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
He's not on this list:

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/sdn/sdnlist.txt

WHere did you see that he was on a terrorist list?

Offline secularkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »

Who told you that

He is a contact on Kahane.org, which is on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of terrorist organizations.

Okay. But are you then assuming that the government is behind it, or do you have some sort of proof? I ask because I'm really rather curious (and concerned) about the details of this situation.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »

Who told you that

Okay. But are you then assuming that the government is behind it, or do you have some sort of proof? I ask because I'm really rather curious (and concerned) about the details of this situation.

I think it's not important if it was the government or someone else. It's closed and that's it

Offline secularkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »

Who told you that

I think it's not important if it was the government or someone else. It's closed and that's it

Actually, it is a rather important distinction. I do see a real difference between Yekutiel ran out of time or money to keep the site operation or a government (US or Israeli) enforced their moronic anti-terrorism laws and took the site offline. The latter suggests a larger plan to crack down on Kahanists, which is something that all of us have reason to be concerned about.

I take from your answer though that you're merely speculation, and have no definitive answer as to who closed it down, or if this was event intended to be a permanent closure of the site.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
it was harassed out of existence and shut down because of the enemies of Rabbi Kahane, told me a loyal member. We will always remain loyal to him no matter who tries to stop Kahane's message.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 12:57:37 PM »

well, it's hosted.
Maybe they didn't pay the hosting company.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »

Actually, it is a rather important distinction. I do see a real difference between Yekutiel ran out of time or money to keep the site operation or a government (US or Israeli) enforced their moronic anti-terrorism laws and took the site offline. The latter suggests a larger plan to crack down on Kahanists, which is something that all of us have reason to be concerned about.

I take from your answer though that you're merely speculation, and have no definitive answer as to who closed it down, or if this was event intended to be a permanent closure of the site.

I do not know about the case at hand, but whether or not the government took it down or not, you can rest assured that there is ALWAYS a larger plan to crack down on Kahanists, both in the U.S. and Israel.
Kach and Kahane Chai are both considered illegal groups by the United States and Israel.  If the site in question was found to have any relation to those organizations, then there is a good chance that one of the two governments did something about it.