Author Topic: Has anyone read "The Path of the Righteous Gentile" (Noahide)  (Read 1851 times)

Offline drew_in_oregon

• New JTFer
I'm curious if anyone has read "The Path of the Righteous Gentile" by Mordecai Paldiel.  It appears to be a book for Noahides and my reading of it is that Paldiel is a sincere Jew attempting to provide correct instruction for gentiles.

However, I am not an expert in these matters.  I was wondering if anyone here had read it or has an opinion.  It was published in 1993.  Amazon sells it new for an exorbitant price, but used copies are cheaper (I'm not trying to peddle it ;)

Alternatively, does anyone have any favorite books on Noahidism they'd care to recommend?

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
Re: Has anyone read "The Path of the Righteous Gentile" (Noahide)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »
Hello drew, and good day to you.

Thank you for asking about Noahidism, I'm certain HaShem desires of you to know him as best you can.   I have read "The Path of the Righteous Gentile", and will state that for an individual who knows nothing about  Noahidism and worshipping the one true G-d of the Universe this is a fair start.   I believe the book is available for free somewhere online; I'll see if I can locate it for you.

If you'd like to purchase a book I feel is superior to Paldiel's publication, might I suggest you purchase "The Rainbow Covenant: Torah and the Seven Universal Laws" by Michael Elias Dallen.   I feel it's the best introduction on the topic of Nohadism in print I've ever read.

I remind you that all of this is just a start.  Trust me, once begin to comprehend the beauty of a real relationship with the Creator of the Universe you won't want to stop.   May HaShem continue to bless you and guide you on  your journey.   And take a look at asknoah.org where you might find some more helpful information.   :)

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"