Author Topic: Parents voice opposition to Obama 'praise' song  (Read 850 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Parents voice opposition to Obama 'praise' song
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:48:26 PM »
Oh yes thank God for some of these parents!!!

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=721726

New Jersey school officials responsible for having elementary school students sing an anthem of praise to President Obama remain under fire from parents who accuse the district of political indoctrination.

The controversy began with the dissemination last month of a widely circulated YouTube video showing New Jersey second-graders singing a song praising President Obama to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic." The Burlington Township Board of Education denies that the song was intended to promote a political agenda or make a political statement, and claims it was merely a performance to celebrate Black History Month.

But not all parents and local residents are buying that explanation. A group of 85 protestors gathered across the street from the B. Bernice Young Elementary School Monday to sing songs such as "God Bless America" and "Battle Hymn of the Republic," and chant slogans like "No indoctrination" and "Free children, free minds."

Jim and Gina Pronchick are the parents of one of the children in the video. Mrs. Pronchick tells OneNewsNow why she and her husband took part in Monday's protest.

"When I did see my child on this video, I felt like I was in a communist country," she shares. "He was chanting the president's name and pumping his arm, and praising him like he's a god."

She takes issue with the insertion of politics into school activities. "I teach my child to respect the president," she points out, "but I'm upset because I do send my child to public school -- and I believe that we live in America, land of the free, and they should teach the children reading, writing, [and] arithmetic. They shouldn't push their political views on the children."

Pronchick contends both the principal and the superintendent were attempting to indoctrinate her young son.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
Re: Parents voice opposition to Obama 'praise' song
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »
As any good parent should.