Author Topic: Life Out West--David Ben Moshe  (Read 4829 times)

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Life Out West--David Ben Moshe
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 07:05:08 AM »
One of the radio talk show hosts remarked on his show yesterday that the numbers show people leaving the tri-state area in record numbers. I live out on Long Island and the property tax is now twice what you were paying in Queens. The darn thing has tripled in 20 years. Don't ask me what I am getting in return for taxes like that because whatever it is besides picking up a pail of garbage each week  and maintaining the road out front is a mystery to me. The school taxes actually use up most of the money. At one time living out here on Long Island was very pleasant and worth the extra taxes that no longer is the case. This morning I got into an argument with some sort of Hispanic in the food store because as I was going down the isle his little son backed into my path while father and son were admiring some toy on the cereal box shelf. I waited a moment and excused myself to pass. The parent thought I had the cart to close to Jr and made a remark. I said I stopped when the kid stepped back and waited a moment but I needed to get through. All they had to do was step forward and let me pass. The parent started an entire thing about if this and that happened how he was going to knock me on my a-s. I laughed at this a little (very little) and told him people like him didn't belong in this neighborhood which left him sort of speechless. The West is sounding better every day because nothing good is going on here in the east.
What kind of neighborhood do you live in?  :P  :::D

I can understand where you're coming from CJD, I had many of those similar encounters while living in NYC.

Like the saying goes You can run but you can't hide..... It was nice out here for a while but the evil element that destroyed the city has made its way out here... Very sad.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years