Author Topic: 6-year-old missing after balloon lands in Colorado  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
6-year-old missing after balloon lands in Colorado
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
(CNN) -- A balloon that was set adrift by a 6-year-old boy from his parents' Colorado home was found empty, CNN affiliate KMGH said, citing a police report.
The balloon landed south of Prospect Springs, near Colorado Springs.

The boy was not inside the helium aircraft when it landed, KMGH reported.

A sibling saw the boy get into the craft Thursday morning. Officials were concerned that the boy may have fallen out of it, an undersheriff said.

Margie Martinez of the Weld County Sheriff's Office said a sibling saw Falcon Heene climb into the basket before the balloon took off from his parents' home.

Because the door on the balloon was unlocked, it's possible the boy had fallen out, Martinez said.

The balloon appeared to be a saucer-shaped, Mylar-coated helium balloon, similar to a party balloon.
The helium balloon had been tethered to the boy's family home, the Larimer County Sheriff's Department said. The boy got into the craft Thursday morning and undid the rope anchoring it.

The department said the dome-shaped balloon is 20 feet long and 5 feet high.
"The structure at the bottom of the balloon that the boy is in is made of extremely thin plywood and won't withstand any kind of a crash at all," said Erik Nilsson, Larimer County emergency manager, according to CNN affiliate KMGH.

A dispatcher received a call Thursday morning, and emergency services personnel were contacted, Larimer County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kathy Davis said.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/15/colorado.boy.balloon/index.html

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: 6-year-old missing after balloon lands in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »
Well it was concluded that the boy wasn't in the balloon because it was empty when it landed and didn't have enough helium to support him.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
Well it was concluded that the boy wasn't in the balloon because it was empty when it landed and didn't have enough helium to support him.

What happened to the boy then

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »

What happened to the boy then

AHero,

That's what I am trying to figure out...
It was reported that the latch on the door of the basket was unlocked, unsecured, and may have been open.
So, the boy may have fallen out but, the officials aren't sure yet as to exactly what happened to him.

I can't even how scared this little boy must have been and/or still is.....

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
This little boy was found hiding in the attic of his family's home.

So, he is safe, sound, and unharmed.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
This little boy was found hiding in the attic of his family's home.

So, he is safe, sound, and unharmed.

This is great news.     It has the feel of a miracle from G-d.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
A miracle indeed. I'm glad he's ok.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »
A miracle?!? I don't know about that...

Something sounds fishy to me.... The parents of this boy are known for being unattentive to the children, and appeared on the reality tv show 'wife swap'... It is good that the child was discovered unharmed... But something still sounds fishy about this story..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »
A miracle?!? I don't know about that...

Something sounds fishy to me.... The parents of this boy are known for being unattentive to the children, and appeared on the reality tv show 'wife swap'... It is good that the child was discovered unharmed... But something still sounds fishy about this story..

A miracle from the standpoint that based on the reports this afternoon,    there was a very realistic chance that the 6 year old would have been killed.       The prayers of countless people were answered.       Regardless of whether the parents were irresponsible,    thankfully the youngster is still alive.       
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
A miracle from the standpoint that based on the reports this afternoon,    there was a very realistic chance that the 6 year old would have been killed.       The prayers of countless people were answered.       Regardless of whether the parents were irresponsible,    thankfully the youngster is still alive.       
Agreed. Let's be thankful he is alive.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:07 PM »

Agreed. How does this have to do with JTF though?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »

What does talking about miley Cyrus have to do with JTF either.
Not every topic has to be the same the forum needs variety

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:19 AM »

What does talking about miley Cyrus have to do with JTF either.
Not every topic has to be the same the forum needs variety

Talking about Miley Cyrus has to do with how the media is constantly degrading basic values. Values which are based on torah values.
   We could talk about how irresponsible the parents were not to secure the balloon, but this looks like it was an accident and the parents were responsible enough to frantically search for their child. There really is no serious concern about this happening again or happening on a massive scale. Of course less entertaining accidents such as children drowning in there parents pools do happen more frequently. While everything should be done to protect the children, it is usually gross negligence that we are more concerned about.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised, based on the family history, if this wasn't a staged publicity stunt.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 08:29:24 AM »
You don't think we should talk about all kinds of news and current events?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »
Obssessed with science? Experiment gone wrong? This is one problem a black family would never have had.  :laugh:

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 10:00:30 PM »
You don't think we should talk about all kinds of news and current events?

I'm not the one who decides the policy here, but my $0.02 is that we are a serious movement and need to focus on our mission. I haven't censored anything on this thread, but it is my personal opinion that everything should have something to do with our movement. We are a religious and political organization and not a social site.
   I know that Chaim had cleaned up the forum a little over a year ago because there was too much irrelevant content cluttering the forum.
   Given that the balloon story did happen and made the national news, questions about the responsibility of the parents and the actions of citizens and the government to help find the child could relate to our movement. Most volunteer and hired search and rescue personnel are from non third world backgrounds. We are fortunate that most people in Colorado are still decent people. Other places in the world are not as fortunate. Had the child been in the balloon and the balloon landed in a place like Harlem, the savages could have eaten him alive.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »
With more details coming forth, it's looking more and more like a PR stunt the parents pulled.
Now the police are going to bring charges against the Father.

Shalom - Dox

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
Obssessed with science? Experiment gone wrong? This is one problem a black family would never have had.  :laugh:

What if they are trying to build a model of the Mother Plane?  :laugh: :::D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

Does it look like it was made African style?
No doodoo

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 02:09:02 AM »

I probably made an approximation of what that would be like when I was 4 or 5. My friend from across the street and I got sticks and grass clippings together in the crude shape of a plane. I told him the only thing we needed to make it fly was an engine, but unfortunately we couldn't figure out how to make an engine out of grass and sticks.