Author Topic: Open Letter to Dr. Laura Schlessinger  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Open Letter to Dr. Laura Schlessinger
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
I'm curious to know what some of your thoughts and reactions are to this notorious letter to Dr. Laura:

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev.24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Open Letter to Dr. Laura Schlessinger
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »
Obviously from a Mocker, one who takes Jewish law lightly and tried to hold it up for ridicule...

Some of the mitzvahs are not understood by the writer such as who can approach the alter... Only the Kohen who has no blemish may approach it. No normal Yehudi may do so...

Also, the death penalty is not meted out without the Sanhedrin, the Jewish court system. So until that day these death penalties will not be administered.

I would smite the writer...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »
yes. Athiests like to post this to get a rise out of people.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Moshe92

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »
That idiot is obviously ignorant about the torah and about the difference between Jews and gentiles. That's typical atheist nonsense. Daleksfaggot used a similar argument in one of his videos. He said that he doesn't believe in G-d because Jews, Christians, and Muslims have different religious practices.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 06:45:14 AM »
That letter was gay.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:08:56 AM »
Why even post that tired old claptrap. The worst part of the issue is that that a 5 year old could tell its written by a self hater or antisemitic animal. No answer is expected from Schlessinger. Schlessinger would not have the correct answer anyway because it seems that in the past few years she has lost all her marbles.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:36:19 AM »
I  think it must be a letter from a leftist atheist 
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 08:58:45 AM »
Yes, that also could be the case however the points made in the letter seemed to focus on Jewish law and most Atheist shoot at a broader target targeting religion in general.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 09:22:55 AM »
Yes, that also could be the case however the points made in the letter seemed to focus on Jewish law and most Atheist shoot at a broader target targeting religion in general.

In what way has Dr. Laura recently lost her marbles?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »

In what way has Dr. Laura recently lost her marbles?
I do a lot of drive time and over the years I have listened to just about every talk show host that's worked the New York airwaves. Years back Dr. Laura gave better answers. Lately she seems to fluff off the answers. I don't spend a great deal of time listening to her but I can tell she is not as good as she once was. She is starting to remind me of Bernard Meltzer who was also a WOR radio talk show host some time back. He use to give people legal advice and home repair solutions. In his early days he had one of the top rated shows on radio and gave very good advice. He stayed on the air so many years that his knowledge became dated and no longer applied to modern construction or legal advice. He also just became to old to do a demanding show. Dr. Laura seems to me to be falling into that same situation. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Meltzer

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »
Laws against homosexuality apply to all people, but those other laws only apply to Israel, some of them require the Temple to be built.  I assume this is in response to Dr. Laura speaking against homosexuality, and if that's true she should continue.  That part of Leviticus should actually be in the constitution.
Has she actually spoken out against homosexuality? I seem to remember some issue a while back however she seems to take a very accepting position on it in the advice she gives her call in's.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »
She abbbandoned Judaism years ago.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 04:59:38 AM »
Yes, That's the impression of her I have also.

Moshe92

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »

She's not Jewish. She's from a mixed marriage.