General Category > General Discussion

A Question for MUMAN concerning "Halloween"

<< < (6/8) > >>

Kahane-Was-Right BT:
And in fact, according to what you quoted above, merely "singing a song" or being joyful is in danger of prohibition according to this opinion, even if it is NOT a religious song or religious action etc.    He is saying that to celebrate the holiday with happiness is to imitate the goyim.   I fail to see the connection.

And then at the end Rav Moshe concedes that what he is saying is not the normative halacha.   But it is still his ruling.

AsheDina:
Thanks Giving= GIVING THANKS, to G-D, PERIOD.
Halloween is a day that pagans and witches celebrate death. NOT for me, I never liked it--EVER.

cjd:

--- Quote from: bullcat3 on October 29, 2009, 07:08:14 PM ---OOPS!  I forget we bought a red devil outfit for the dog.  We promise not to worship him.  Maybe I'll post pictures.  :::D
PS.  We only dress up the dog for Halloween.  After all we're not crazy.

--- End quote ---
Just be sure to have the dog home by 3:30 for Tea and crumpets. ;D Me and him have quite a ceremony each day. I think he is actually learning how to read the paper  :o. Besides its not every day I can have high tea with the dogie devil  :::D

nessuno:

--- Quote from: cjd on October 29, 2009, 07:35:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: bullcat3 on October 29, 2009, 07:08:14 PM ---OOPS!  I forget we bought a red devil outfit for the dog.  We promise not to worship him.  Maybe I'll post pictures.  :::D

--- End quote ---
Just be sure to have the dog home by 3:30 for Tea and crumpets. ;D Me and him have quite a ceremony each day. I think he is actually learning how to read the paper  :o. Besides its not every day I can have high tea with the dogie devil  :::D

--- End quote ---
Stop spoiling my dog!

Rubystars:

--- End quote ---

:laugh: Oh I'd like to see a picture of that. It sounds precious!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version