Author Topic: Hero Sgt. K. Munley who shot Fort Hood gunman Hasan breaks silence  (Read 655 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
  Hero cop Sgt. Kimberly Munley who shot Fort Hood gunman Nidal Malik Hasan breaks silence to Oprah 

Mighty Mouse is out of the hospital - and again ready to save the day.

The hero cop who halted the Fort Hood massacre described for the first time Wednesday the "confusing and chaotic" day.

Sgt. Kimberly Munley said she was washing her patrol car when she got word of the shooting.

"As soon as I got out of my vehicle and ran up the hill was when things got pretty bad," she said Wednesday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

Accused shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was in the midst of his rampage that killed 13 when Munley leaped into action. She exchanged fire with Hasan.

"When I got shot, it felt like a muscle being torn out of my leg," the brave officer said. She suffered three gunshot wounds - in both thighs and a knuckle.

As Hasan fell, Sgt. Mark Todd ran to the gunman and kicked his gun away and slapped on the cuffs.

"I never lost consciousness," said Munley, who stands just over 5 feet tall and whose nickname is Mighty Mouse. "I wanted to stay awake and know everything that was going on."

The 34-year-old had two surgeries in the hospital, where one of her visitors was Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Munley said she is optimistic, but admits it will be a slow process to get back to her normal life.

Things are getting better day by day," she said. "Emotionally, I'm just hoping that the rest of the officers and the injured and the families of the deceased are healing as well."

She credits her quick thinking and strong actions to her years of training.

"The training does take over," she said. "In that particular incident, we didn't have much time to think."

The mother of two boys ages 2 and 12 is eager to get back to work.

"I know it's going to be a slow process to get back to my normal life, but I know that I can accomplish it and get back to what I do and love to do on a daily basis."

Meanwhile, NPR News reported Wednesday that officials at Walter Reed Army Medical Center discussed for a year whether Hasan was psychotic and fit to be an Army shrink.

"Put it this way: Everybody felt that if you were deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, you would not want Nidal Hasan in your fox hole," one official told NPR.

Key officers met to discuss Hasan beginning in spring 2008, the source said.

The sources told NPR students and faculty were deeply troubled by Hasan's behavior - which they variously called disconnected, aloof, paranoid, belligerent and "schizoid."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/11/11/2009-11-11_hero_cop_sgt_kimberly_munley_who_took_down_fort_hood_gunman_nidal_malik_hasan_br.html#ixzz0WfjqaWKY

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Hero Sgt. K. Munley who shot Fort Hood gunman Hasan breaks silence
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »
She's a great woman and Police officer :usa: :usa: :clap: :clap:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »
She's a great woman and Police officer :usa: :usa: :clap: :clap:

Yes Mord,

I agree with you, Sgt. Munley is a great example of a true American hero......

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »
Which they variously called disconnected, aloof, paranoid, belligerent and "schizoid". But none could call it as Jihadomania.

Anyhow the police officer was truly brave and did her job. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.