Author Topic: The Gypsy Revival and Israel  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
The Gypsy Revival and Israel
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:26:35 AM »
The Gypsy Revival and Israel

Click here for the exciting and inspirational interview with Ruslan Jankovsky about his testimony as a Gypsy whose life was changed after he got saved.
There are many parallels between the Gypsy and the Jewish people. The Gypsies are also in a diaspora and live in many countries, on all continents. They are frequently despised and looked down upon. Hundreds of thousands of them died in the Holocaust; they are without a homeland and always will be, as they have no promise of a restoration to the land of their fathers like the Jewish people. Their origins are buried in the obscurity of history. Some theories place their roots back in India from where they migrated west, while others would like to believe that they are one of the lost tribes of Israel.

What is certain is that they were also a wandering people like the Jews and suffered rejection and persecution wherever they went. They speak the language of the country where they have settled but also speak their own Gypsy language which is related to modern-day Romanian.

In the past few decades something began to happen to the Gypsies (or Roma people as they are more politely called), when missionaries became more and more active amongst them. Several denominations such as the Reformed and Pentecostal churches established Gypsy congregations, and although the percentage of Christians is still relatively small many Gypsies turned to God, repented and accepted salvation in Jesus as their Redeemer.

Towards the end of the nineties the pace of conversions began to accelerate as spirit- filled pastors drew many of them to the Lord. A characteristic of Gypsy Christians is a strong identification with the Jewish people. It is as if they sense a kinship, especially through their similar histories, but there is also excitement as they realise the faithfulness of the Lord in keeping His promises to His people. And they began to discover how strong the Jewish roots of Christianity really are.

In 1999 a group of Gypsy pastors and musicians attended the Feast of Tabernacles Celebration in Jerusalem. They did this at great personal sacrifice, but were thankful for the help the Christian Embassy gave them in providing housing, food etc. To them it was a revelation to meet so many Christians from all over the world who shared a love for Israel. The worship and joy of the Feast inspired them, especially as Gypsies - like Jews - are very good musicians and many of their songs remind one of Israeli rhythms.

Upon the group’s return to Hungary and Eastern Europe a natural relationship developed between them and the Wallenberg Centre. Not able to afford another visit to Israel the next year, they decided to hold their own Feast celebration. This took place in Nagyesed in Eastern Hungary and was held during the summer vacation period so that more believers were able to attend. Johann, who was still Director of the Embassy, personally attended as an advisor. This Feast has now become an annual event and several of the musicians and singers from the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem, such as Ben and Vera Karlson, have participated.

A number of other Gypsy Feasts are now organized in other parts of Hungary also. And in September 2005 the first Gypsy/Jewish Taste of the Feast took place in the city of Mukatchevo in the Ukraine. Many believers attended, and pastors came from the whole Carpatia region of the Ukraine. Afterwards they all testified as to how much they had learned about the Jewish roots of their faith. Messianic Jewish groups from other parts of the Ukraine also participated.

The potential for the Kingdom amongst the Gypsies is limitless. Many of the pastors visit the Wallenberg Centre and want to relate to its ministry and vision, and the staff is constantly invited to attend Gypsy meetings and to observe what is being done for their social improvement. It seems clear that it is the time not only to favour Zion but also the Gypsy people. The Bible and the Gospels have the answer: and the truth to “seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added.…“ is so valid for the Gypsies.

The Hungarian Government, which had been under pressure from the European Union to socially uplift the Roma people, was at a loss as to what to do, since merely handing out aid to them was counter- productive. Contact was then made with the pastors, and they even met some of them at the Wallenberg Centre to try and determine the key to their success. The answer was clear: as in each of our lives, first lead a Gypsy to the Lord through repentance and his whole outlook and lifestyle changes. He will look for work, change his environment and develop a Christ-like character that will change his life. And Gypsies just love to worship the Lord with their musical gifts.

About 40 Gypsy pastors from different denominational backgrounds adopted a joint proclamation at a one day conference in the Wallenberg Centre on August 18th 2005. Click here to view the proclamation

The Wallenberg Centre is committed to doing all it can to undergird this revival amongst the Roma people. Not only for their own salvation but also for Israel’s sake, of whom they are so supportive; a mighty move of the Holy Spirit amongst them will indeed provoke many Jewish people to jealousy.
http://www.wallenbergcentre.net/gypsies.php
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: The Gypsy Revival and Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:40:18 AM »
You are an insane and diseased troll and I predict that you are about to be banned. Don't let the door hit your tuchis on the way out. Go back to your pedophile friends on Spermfront.

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 01:52:38 AM »
You are an insane and diseased troll and I predict that you are about to be banned. Don't let the door hit your tuchis on the way out. Go back to your pedophile friends on Spermfront.

The StørmFrønt people are not my friends. I posted in oppossing views. Why do you want me to get banned? Did i something wrong?
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:13:30 AM »
Why don't you tell me, Aryon?

Offline hyperion

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:14:43 AM »
Inquiring mind:
They prefer to be called  romas and they are not criminals. Are you a nazi? White Isrealite is a racist sounding username.

Bonesfan:

Do not care about him, he is a self-hating leftist liberal, who cannot handle the truth. He came here to troll.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 06:29:21 AM »
I just banned him when I read that he used to post on pedofront.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:29:36 AM »
This troll gypsy is trying to compare Jews to scum gypsies.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane