Author Topic: What's the deal with conservative media stars ?  (Read 588 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What's the deal with conservative media stars ?
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »
I have listened recently to a couple of Rush Limbaugh's and Glenn Beck's shows. They are so full of themselves. They are self glorifying themselves, self promoting their books and business endeavors. They also only like to criticize and bring out the bad things. They hardly ever quote someone positively other than themselves. On One show Rush was substituted by a fella name (something) Stein - he was so much better then rush- much funnier and without the disgusting smugness, only trouble is he kept glorifying Rush all the time..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: What's the deal with conservative media stars ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 02:46:57 PM »
This is the nature of entertainment.... The cult of personality... Its their show, they can do what they want, as long as it gets listeners to buy the products advertised... No surprise from me.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »
Promoting things doesnt bother me... thats what they get paid to do.... But smugness and arrogance is what is unbelievably annoying.  

But I dissagree with you that Rush is Not funny.  He has a good sense of humor.

AND rush seems to be the ONLY radio personality who hasn't apologized for Islam, saying that the terrorists follow a warped version of Islam.  He has been fairly consistent saying that Islam itself, and the Koran is an issue... not a warped variation of Islam.   But still... he is not 1% as straightforward on this matter as the great Chaim.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »
I think Rush says that the terrorist and hundreds of millions world wide follow "their version" of Islam.