Author Topic: 146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health  (Read 3399 times)

Offline azrom

• Senior JTFer
146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health
« on: April 13, 2007, 04:40:07 PM »
ill just post the top 10 then you guys can look at the link to see the rest :)

1.  Sugar can suppress the immune system.

2.  Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.

3.  Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.

4.  Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.

5.  Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).

6.  Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you loose.

7.  Sugar reduces high density lipoproteins.

8.  Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.

9   Sugar leads to cancer of the ovaries.

10. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.

the rest= http://rheumatic.org/sugar.htm
"Negroes are a form of animal and it is against the will of God and nature to mate with such creatures. It is specifically forbidden in the Holy Bible. The Negro is still in the ape stage, actually a higher form of gorilla. They are retarded, 200,000 years behind the white race. They suffer from sickle-cell trait, a hereditary racial characteristic of negroes, and is found in no other race - Negroes have diseased blood". - Prof. Charles Carroll

ftf

Re: 146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »
Sugar is what your bodies run on, it is your main source of energy, carbohydrates such as potatoes and bread are converted into sugar by your body...

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »
Sugar is what your bodies run on, it is your main source of energy, carbohydrates such as potatoes and bread are converted into sugar by your body...

Ftf is correct.  If you read some basic biochemistry, you would realize that every type of carbohydrate you ingest enters glycolysis and is converted into pyruvate or an earlier intermediate.  It doesn't matter what type of carbohydrate it is.  Azrom should have stated that the problem with they typical american diet is we eat too much carbs.  We are not supposed to eat the percentage or carbs that we do in our diet.  This can cause diabetes which is becoming prevalent in fat kids, where this only used to occur in adults (it is called adult onset diabetes) since the insulin receptors lose their sensitivity by the flood of carbs in these kids diets. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:03:37 AM »
I think Azrom has a point here.  And it looks like that website might be referring to table sugar and white flour products. 

A while back, I read a book called The Sugar Blues by William Dufty.  The author discussed the history of sugar cultivation from ancient Persian to the present, along with its disastrous consequences.  It's a small book and a quick read.

Another book I've heard good things about, which I would like to read is Nutrition and Physical Degeneration written by a dentist named Weston Price, who is now deceased.  What made this dentist write the book was that he noticed many of his patients coming in with crooked teeth, and cavities.  So, along with his wife, he took a trip around the world to see the "primitive cultures" and compared their diets to the Western diet of white flour, sugar, and processed foods. 

http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/pdfs/RLSummerCatalog06.pdf

Scroll to page four to read about Dr. Price's discoveries, and to see pictures. 

There's also a Weston A. Price Foundation, that has a very interesting web site:

http://www.westonaprice.org

Something to think about. 

Offline azrom

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 12:46:42 AM »
Yes lisa, I was going to buy the sugar blues but I heard it is more about the history of sugar then the effects on your body. I know of the weston a price foundation and read a great article about him. Go to www.mercola.com and do a search for him if you like also there is alot of info about the effects sugar and grains has on your body on that site. I gave up sugar and grains afew months ago. Replacing them with leafy greens,coconut oil, and organic grassfed beef products.
"Negroes are a form of animal and it is against the will of God and nature to mate with such creatures. It is specifically forbidden in the Holy Bible. The Negro is still in the ape stage, actually a higher form of gorilla. They are retarded, 200,000 years behind the white race. They suffer from sickle-cell trait, a hereditary racial characteristic of negroes, and is found in no other race - Negroes have diseased blood". - Prof. Charles Carroll

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 08:41:39 PM »
Azrom, are all those good things they say about coconut oil really true?  I am familiar with the Mercola web site. 

Also when you sautee/fry your food, doesn't the smell of the coconut oil bother you.  It bothers me very much, or I would use it more often.  Is there any way to disguise that strong smell of virgin coconut oil? 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »
You're right about the Sugar Blue book.  But I think it's good to know the history of sugar cultivation.  The author traced it to manic depression, and obesity, among other things.  If you can find it used for a good price, I would highly recommend reading it. 

Offline azrom

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 12:29:19 AM »
Azrom, are all those good things they say about coconut oil really true?  I am familiar with the Mercola web site. 

Also when you sautee/fry your food, doesn't the smell of the coconut oil bother you.  It bothers me very much, or I would use it more often.  Is there any way to disguise that strong smell of virgin coconut oil? 

Yea, I usually use refined coconut oil to cook in, virgin coconut oil just to eat off a tablespoon or put in a smoothie. The health benefits seem to be real. There have been many books about it and before and after pics of people who have added it into their diet. I try to eat raw vegetables though. Mercola talks about raw meat and organic raw eggs. But I can't eat raw eggs. Raw egg yolks have 100% of alot of good vitamins: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html mercola says soft boiled eggs are usually the second best option. Also he talks about not cooking meat above 200 degress because it changes the protein and fat compisition and makes it bad for your health.

Offline azrom

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 12:31:49 AM »
You're right about the Sugar Blue book.  But I think it's good to know the history of sugar cultivation.  The author traced it to manic depression, and obesity, among other things.  If you can find it used for a good price, I would highly recommend reading it. 

It is cheap on amazon.com I might get it. There are some great books on amazon about sugar and low carb diets. One is called how saturated fat could save your life and low fat lies. Of course the winston A price book is great.