Poll

Do you think gays choose to be gay or are they born with it?

Choice
3 (37.5%)
born with it
0 (0%)
little bit of both
5 (62.5%)
don't athk thethe quethtions!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Homsexuality: Automatic vs. Manual  (Read 744 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Homsexuality: Automatic vs. Manual
« on: November 24, 2009, 01:09:37 AM »
Nu?

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Homsexuality: Automatic vs. Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:10:08 AM »
Also explain if it's different for men or women.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:25:58 AM »
Everything we do in life comes down to free will. Nobody compels you to have sex... The only compulsion involving sex involves pro-creation.... Sex for only pleasure is a misuse of a gift, like gorging on delicious food is gluttony. The reason sex is pleasurable is so that we can be fruitful and multiply.... Homosexual perversions do not cause reproduction, and if it is encouraged, can destroy the ability of a society to continue to the next generation.

Society has no need to accept homosexual activity. It is truly animalistic and sub-human...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 01:45:21 AM »
I may be one of the only people who thinks its a mix.

I have never repressed an urge and have no desire to 'experiment' with homosexuality.  I personally find males repulsive and disgusting... and the thought of a male being attractive is impossible for me to even comprehend.  I'm not even attracted to women who are masculine.  The more feminine the better.  There is no 'CHOICE' for me.

However, I know males who have confided that its not the same for them... and they do have an urge.  I cant get in their head, but if it is true.. (And I dont know why they lie about this).. there must be SOME choice or conflict going on in their head.

So basically... its not a choice for me... but it may be a choice for them.... if you catch what I am saying.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 01:56:13 AM »
I heard it's a choice for women but not for men. You buy that?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:58:25 AM »

I heard that too.  I havent the foggiest.  Maybe the women on the forum can help us with that one.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 02:01:12 AM »

I heard that too.  I havent the foggiest.  Maybe the women on the forum can help us with that one.

Or not......... :o :yuck:

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »
I'm sure there is some natural influence involved (i.e. some people are born with higher sex drives, more tendency to great anger/violence, greater ability to lie, etc, than others), but environment also plays a big role and ultimately it is a choice, no matter what. Are people incapable of not committing murder or robbery or rape, after all?