Author Topic: US Generals Flood Israel for Exercise against ‘Specific Threats'  (Read 2228 times)

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer

http://www.israelnationalnews.com

An unprecedented number of American generals, along with 1,400 U.S. army soldiers, are participating with top IDF brass in the high-level Juniper Cobra military exercise that one U.S. Navy commander said is aimed at “specific threats.” Public affairs officials interrupted the naval commander in order to divert the conversation from the scenario of Israel attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities and defending itself from a counter-attack.

One senior IDF source told BBC magazine, “I've never seen so many American generals.”

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak, IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi, along with the commander of the U.S. force in Europe and U.S. ambassador to Israel James Cunningham attended the three-week exercise on Tuesday. It is one of the largest-ever joint training drills and is fueling speculation that the United States is preparing for the worst while hoping for the best concerning Iran’s nuclear program.

Former IDF General Yitzchak Ben-Israel told BBC, “On one thing we are serious: We will not let Iran have a nuclear bomb." He said that the joint drill, which is held annually, "is not a bluff’ but is aimed at pressuring Iran to back down from its refusal to cooperate with international authorities on its program to enrich uranium, a key element for a nuclear weapon."

"But if Iran will not be pressed, if Iran continues to insist that it has the right to go and enrich uranium as much as it wants, then someone will have to use force.” he added.

“Overall, the goal is to ensure peace in the region, and maybe even farther from this region,” said Prime Minister Netanyahu. “I think the IDF and the U.S. Armed Forces are creating a new path, and the goal is to defend Israel. This exercise, unique and large in scale, is an expression of the meaningful relations between Israel and the United States"

The exercise included a live-fire component and a multi-layered active defense system.

As the joint drill was taking place, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told the U.S. Congress, "Whoever threatens Israel also threatens us."
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: US Generals Flood Israel for Exercise against ‘Specific Threats'
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »
Israel should tell all nations to GET OUT.  NOBODY is trustworthy, are they NUTS?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Chaim5747

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »
I find this worrying, because some of 0bama's ilk have even openly expressed invading Israel and giving it back to the "Palestinians" (I think it was Samantha Powers?).

Anyone else sense a possible Trojan Horse in all of this?

Offline bobish

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »
I am more worried about the US forces that train the palis.

There are normally a bunch of US forces in Israel.
Missile defense batteries, tech and Eng. type, other.

Even though the US has handed over most of the anti missile batteries(sp), the us and idf still train together.

Most of the Israeli missile shield(maybe all) is intergrated with US C4I platforms.
The idea is that US forces can come in, set up, and be intergrated with IDF defense nets.

Considering who built the systems, I am sure the IDF has a cutout switch.

As for these 1400 folks being threat to Israel.
I don't think so. They are a long way from home. In an Allied country.(Still is)
IF they started something:
1. They would not last long.
2. Uproar in the US, would be heard around the world.
You could hear, without the internet.

I have a theory about the general thing.
The generals may want to talk to their Israeli counterparts, in person.
No email, no electronic anything.
Just a nice face to face.

What they want to talk about is anyone's guess.
I have my own thoughts on it.

bob

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
I know there are generals who care about Israel and will offer their help, but how do you know whos to be trusted.  I am POd at General Casey who had to be politically correct about Mr. Muslim terrorist Nadal Hassan!  Casey should have been fired!