Author Topic: Pollard VS. Schalit  (Read 741 times)

Offline Golem

• New JTFer
    • Israel
Pollard VS. Schalit
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:16:48 AM »
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, as it might suit quite few categories.

There's a letter from Jonathan Pollard that was posted in the Jpost, where he asks some questions that really made me thing.

Read it first, and then, if you're interested, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Here's the letter, he called it "Refusing to remain silent in the face of evil".

Here are my two cents:
Pollard, just like Schalit, was serving his country.
I know that while Pollard was actually spying on an ally government, and Schalit was just a kid soldier and one is in terrorist captivity and the other one's in a federal prison...

Let me rephrase that.
They were both asked to endanger themselves for the sake of Israel, and while one is in Jail for over 20 years, and is just left there, the other one is fought for, and Israel is sacrificing whole lot to get him back.

Are they not equal in the eyes of the State?
Are they not equal in the eyes of god?

Pollard was sure he was the best of Zionists, and when the operation failed his operator just left him out to dry...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Pollard VS. Schalit
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »
Yes, they betrayed Pollard, no question about it.

He deserves justice.   Casper Weinberger admitted that they made too big a deal out of Pollard.   When Bibi surrendered Hevron to the Arab terrorist arafat, Clinton promised that one thing he'd receive in return would be Pollard's release.   Then Clinton changed his mind and just didn't release him.    Pollard must be rescued.   The Israeli govt is at fault.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »
I'd rather be in a U.S. jail than captured by muzzies.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
I do not think that the Israeli government really wants Pollard released, because they know he is a right-winger and fear he would make trouble for them.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »
the big difference is that Schalit comes from a leftist family, and Pollard is an American right wing Jew
thats your difference

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 02:46:26 PM »
Pollard and Schalit should be freed.

Nothing is more painfull for a government employee, than a disloyal authority. If someone risks for the gouvernment, the gouvernment should be loyal.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 12:42:15 AM »
Americans also wanted to question and probably arrest Sela, Pollard's handler but the Israelis refused to let the Americans touch him and sent him back to the safety of Israel.  The abandonment of Pollard is disgraceful.  Recently Eitam, the disgraceful organizer of Pollard's spying, stated nothing can be done for Pollard.  I don't believe that.  There is always something that can be done.  Of course when you consider yourself a servant of Washington, it is hard to push forcefully for something.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 01:34:32 AM »
i wish there was something we can do.......... :'(