Author Topic: "Every Jew a .22"  (Read 5303 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
"Every Jew a .22"
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:05:33 AM »
   "Every Jew a .22" was a slogan coined by HaRav (The Rabbi) Meir Kahane, zecher tzadik livracha (may the memory of this saint be immortalized). HaRav Kahane actually preferred other guns to the small-caliber .22, but used this slogan because it rhymes."

I think a .22 is a good caliber for defense. While it won't punch a big hole through the enemy, ammunition is cheap, you can fit more in the same clip and it is   easier to handle. Remember, the slogan is every Jew. This includes old ladies who may not be able to handle the kickback of a .45. I myself have accuracy problems handling a .45 because of the kickback.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Scriabin

Re: "Every Jew a .22"
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »
   "Every Jew a .22" was a slogan coined by HaRav (The Rabbi) Meir Kahane, zecher tzadik livracha (may the memory of this saint be immortalized). HaRav Kahane actually preferred other guns to the small-caliber .22, but used this slogan because it rhymes."

I think a .22 is a good caliber for defense. While it won't punch a big hole through the enemy, ammunition is cheap, you can fit more in the same clip and it is   easier to handle. Remember, the slogan is every Jew. This includes old ladies who may not be able to handle the kickback of a .45. I myself have accuracy problems handling a .45 because of the kickback.

A .22 doesn't have stopping power, its for shooting rabbits.  Rabbi Kahane said, "I would have said every Jew an M1, but it didn't rhyme." 

A .38sp or .357mag will stop a man, you don't necessarily have to have a .45. 

Also, .44sp is a great round for self defense, especially in hollow-point.

Offline JoshMan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »

Ha....yeah ever shoot anything in the head with a 22.?

The leg with a hollow point?

Do It and watch its brains turn into swiss cheese as the bullet bounces around in its skull....

Scriabin

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »

Do It and watch its brains turn into swiss cheese as the bullet bounces around in its skull....

Hollow-point, .44sp...yes. 

.22...never.  (A rat skull perhaps.)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 11:29:10 PM »
   When I took the hunter safety course, they mentioned how the US army used to use .22 as standard ammunition, but the rounds would often pass right through the enemy without doing much damage. I'm familiar with the size of these shells as I've loaded them into clips before, but still would hate to have one of them go through me. Even if it didn't hit a vital organ. I'm guessing in most cases, shooting an attacker with one would fend them off, but I will plead ignorance since I only have limited knowledge of arms and ammunition.
   I do have mixed feelings when it comes to gun control. I'm a strong believer in self defense and feel that we lack more heroes such as Bernhard Goetz(if someone knows how to invite him to this forum it would be great), yet I fear what would happen if every third world beast has a firearm. Many people are mentally ill, and I also know that too many people would be irresponsible with their firearms if everyone had one. There is also the class of people who are responsible with their firearms but use them to sadistically kill animals. It's one thing to kill animals for food, but many hunters kill purely for fun. Even when it is for food, the bible prohibits hunting of animals because they must be slaughtered in a humane fashion.
   I personally hate using firearms and would normally choose the side of safety, but of course many third world beasts get a hold of them anyway while law abiding citizens cannot. Also in Nazi Germany, one of the first actions against Jews was to take their guns away. When the issue is whether to take away the rights of a everybody, because of a few bad people I'm against punishing the wrong people.
   I'm really confused about what is right and what is wrong when it comes to gun control. One thing I have noticed is that most people making the laws have limited knowledge about firearms. Is "control" an appropiate word when the laws are made by people who are ignorant? I think "control" is important, but "control" means making the right decisions so the right people end up with to defense that they need.
   How far do I differ from the Rav and JTF's position by expressing my confusion and mixed feelings over this issue?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 12:27:32 AM »
Re:  "...I'm really confused about what is right and what is wrong when it comes to gun control..."

Definition of a Conservative:

A Liberal who's been mugged.