Author Topic: I found these old houses for sale for one dollar or less....  (Read 5942 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
I found these old houses for sale for one dollar or less....
« on: December 13, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »
Shalom...

I was over on an old house restore place and found these houses for sale or for free.

The only glitch is you must be willing to restore them.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20322488,00.html

So, I wanted to post this information here in case anyone wanted to buy one.

Here is the first one...SOME OF THEM THEY WANT TO BE MOVED....

At Home in the Hoosier State
Price: $1

How could you refuse this offer? The city of South Bend, Indiana wants to give this handsome circa-1851 Italianate farmhouse away to anyone willing to properly restore it. Aside from the boarded up windows (the boards are painted to look like real windows), the place is in pretty good shape, with a completely restored exterior, new roof, and all new HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. All you'll need to do is restore the gutted (but clean as can be) interior. The house, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is located near downtown, in a neighborhood that's seeing quite a bit of investment these days. Call 574-289-1066, ext 223 for more information.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: I found these old houses for sale for one dollar or less....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:58:52 AM »
Good luck to anyone who wants to try it.  One word of advice.  Make sure you know what you are doing before you try it.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »
Hanna, I think this is only something for enthusiasts. Think about the hours you have to spent on the work and don't forget that in most cases, you have to use original material for the restauration by law. So 1$ can be sometimes expensive.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
Well, I think it is a good idea for someone who has the time or energy. A house like that one, out here would be on the market for nearly $500,000.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »
Honestly I think these are scams.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
They are giving away houses in Detroit, nobody wants them.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »
They are giving away houses in Detroit, nobody wants them.
Maybe, because Detroit is a schvartze zoo. Who would want to live there? I'd be safe moving to the middle of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
I've seen people giving away old houses before, like this one....they usually want to move the house so they can rebuild. The only other option is tearing down the house, unless they decide they want to spend the time and energy on it.

This happens alot. I watch this one show where this woman goes in and sells everything inside the house and then they tear down the house. I forgot the name of it, but she earns a living doing this. The owners want to rebuild.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »

1$ Sale
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »

1$ Sale

Is that africa back in the 1920s?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »
Shalom...

I was over on an old house restore place and found these houses for sale or for free.

The only glitch is you must be willing to restore them.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20322488,00.html

So, I wanted to post this information here in case anyone wanted to buy one.

Here is the first one...SOME OF THEM THEY WANT TO BE MOVED....

At Home in the Hoosier State
Price: $1

How could you refuse this offer? The city of South Bend, Indiana wants to give this handsome circa-1851 Italianate farmhouse away to anyone willing to properly restore it. Aside from the boarded up windows (the boards are painted to look like real windows), the place is in pretty good shape, with a completely restored exterior, new roof, and all new HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. All you'll need to do is restore the gutted (but clean as can be) interior. The house, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is located near downtown, in a neighborhood that's seeing quite a bit of investment these days. Call 574-289-1066, ext 223 for more information.

There are a lot of homes in depressed regions of the country that are going very cheap. For someone that is retired or has a the ability to find work in places like this its a buyers market.  The green house in the picture is on the historic register so they may want the exterior of the building to keep its original look and shape. It's my understanding that they let the owner do more or less what he wants with the interior. The house in the picture is actually a very nice one to restore and looks like its in sound structural condition. It is also surrounded by new homes which tells me that the neighborhood might not be in the middle of the jungle. If only deals like this were here on Long Island... at 200g's as is  that house would still be a good deal. If the neighborhood is livable,  the buyer has a few bucks to invest and some understanding about construction it could be a good deal
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
This is Africa today. Pretty advanced isn't it?

The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »
It looks like a good deal but listed "Historic" you have rules and regulations!
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 10:48:47 PM »

LOL, I have a feeling, after all the renovation and repairs, it will be the most expensive one dollar house ever.  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.